This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rather than Pokemon designs, i'm more amazed how

#1Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/11/2013 10:09:26 PM
They can keep churning out new moves without running out of idea

Because honestly at this point, almost everything has everything that they need and makes sense on each of them too. What i can see is new flavour moves like Horn Leech, Gear Change etc

I'd honestly not be happy if the new Fighting move is just another U-Turn
#2scrappybristolPosted 5/11/2013 10:12:41 PM
Horn Leech is just a physical Giga Drain.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#3dezmomoPosted 5/11/2013 10:16:36 PM
I agree. With designs, they could go on for a very long time.
But they introduce over 100(?) moves every generation. In generation XV we'll have moves that raise all stats by 3 levels, while paralyzing the opponent AND the user itself.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#4Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:18:37 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Horn Leech is just a physical Giga Drain.

With enough uniqueness in terms of name, flavour and animation, such that i won't complain if another physical Giga Drain comes but is also available to a select few Pokemon

I mean, unlike Giga Drain, Horn Leech is obviously only learnable by Pokemon with actual horns (and perhaps grass type traits)
That Parting Remark on the other hand, sounds generic enough for EVERY Fighting Pokemon to learn it. If Venusaur could learn Horn Leech, Sawsbuck would be completely outclassed

I just wish for more variety in terms of uniqueness in Pokemon, before everybody complains that some Pokemon are just outclassed by the same few OU Pokemon that learns everything they need anyway
#5Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:21:45 PM
dezmomo posted...
I agree. With designs, they could go on for a very long time.
But they introduce over 100(?) moves every generation. In generation XV we'll have moves that raise all stats by 3 levels, while paralyzing the opponent AND the user itself.

Yeah exactly. I also won't complain if we get 50+ Machop clones down the route, because each of them still looks different with different traits anyway. Moves on the other hand.. Either are very generic (Tail Slap, etc) or downright ridiculous (Shell Smash, Quiver Dance, Gear Change, etc etc. Heck, gen V introduced most of the ridiculous ones)

I love the more flavourful ones like Gear Change and Gear Grind. As useless Klinklang is, it still at least has something unique about it that makes it interesting to use. Unlike the more forgettable Pokemon in the previous gens