This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So if we do get a Blissey/Eviolite-Chansey that's immune to Dragon...

#1Houou10Posted 5/12/2013 12:29:49 AM
...and has STAB SE attacks to use against Fighting types, is Blissey going to see a huge jump in popularity? Or how about offensive Clefable?
#2crunchy612Posted 5/12/2013 12:31:09 AM
See, this i why i have doubts Fairy type will have those properties. It's too much of a metagame changer.
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.
#3dwdwdw6Posted 5/12/2013 12:32:50 AM
Nope.
#4Houou10(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:34:33 AM
Well, I personally think it's too LITTLE of a metagame changer for what it is supposed to be (y'know, a type re-balance). It doesn't do anything against Water types. All it's going to do is nerf dragons and then Gen 6 OU will be Drizzle Wars but without Dragons.
#5Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/12/2013 12:35:10 AM
Blissey has always been able to use Psychic to beat off Fighting types. Blissey with that lol defense still cries at all the mixdragons

I seriously don't get people's logic with "Types determine battle outcome"

Again, this is like the silly Garchomp logic. "Ice Beam beats Garchomp so it is beatable." my Delibird has STAB Ice Beam, so it can go uber for beating the dragons now? No wonder gfaq is only for social discussions
#6Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/12/2013 12:35:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7KitschgardenerPosted 5/12/2013 12:36:51 AM
Blissey has always been able to use Psychic to beat off Fighting types. Blissey with that lol defense still cries at all the mixdragons

Blissey with Psychic?
#8Amon_IshtarPosted 5/12/2013 12:39:14 AM
Blissey requires a far more fundamental change to happen in the metagame before she can make the jump in popularity the TC thinks is possible. Acquiring a Dragon immunity will only keep her out of UU this coming gen. And depending on how far upward the power creep scales in 6th gen, it might not even do that.
---
"You'll only multiply your incompetence." - Uchiha Madara
#9AltmadragonPosted 5/12/2013 12:39:25 AM
Kitschgardener posted...

Blissey with Psychic?

Blissey can learn quite a few psychic moves, psychic being one of them
---
Ha! Made you read.
#10Houou10(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:40:07 AM
lol at Blissey with Psychic. A base 90 attack without STAB running off of 75 base Sp. Attack is pathetic.

But if Blissey gets a STAB with 120 base power that is super effective against Fighting, it might be able to one shot some of the less bulky Pokemon like Mienshao. And that's a huge upgrade for Blissey.