This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy type = Normal type

#1radred2004Posted 5/12/2013 3:08:59 AM
Here is a list of arguable "fairy" pokemon and their types:

Clefairy- normal
Clefable- normal
Cleffa- normal
Chansey- normal
Audino- normal
Togepi- normal
Togetic- norma/flyingl
Togekiss- normal/flying
Snubbull- normal (listed as the "fairy pokemon")
Granbull- normal

I conclude that fairy = normal, with the occasional addition of flying type.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138
#2LightningHawk90Posted 5/12/2013 3:09:56 AM
If the fairy type is real, i'm sure that most if not all of those pokemon are going to have a type change or fairy type added.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#3DarkEspeon996Posted 5/12/2013 3:10:24 AM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fairy_%28Egg_Group%29
---
What goes up, must go down. Like my grades...- black wargreykid
http://i.imgur.com/amV5N.jpg
#4BountyanPosted 5/12/2013 3:12:38 AM(edited)
There are a loooooot more Pokemon that could fit Fairy than just those. Manaphy especially since Bulbapedia says that its name might come from fairy. Plus it has fairy inspirations and it's in the fairy egg group. Celebi has obvious fairy inspiration as well.

Also I think Fairy would be better just so Normal type makes more sense. Why is a generic rat in the same group as an alien from outer space with magical powers? All the oddball moves that don't seem normal at all could also fit into it like Secret Power, Simple Beam, etc
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#5radred2004(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 3:13:05 AM
Bountyan posted...
There are a loooooot more Pokemon that could fit Fairy than just those. Manaphy especially since Bulbapedia says that its name might come from fairy. Plus it has fairy inspirations and it's in the fairy egg group. Celebi has obvious fairy inspiration as well.

Also I think Fairy would be better just so Normal type makes more sense. Why is a generic rat in the same group as an alien from outer space with magical powers?

That's why they should have celestial type for space pokemon. Snubull isnt an alien, but Clefairy is, and so arguably is Celebi, Togepi, etc.
---
#6Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/12/2013 3:13:42 AM
Bountyan posted...

Also I think Fairy would be better just so Normal type makes more sense. Why is a generic rat in the same group as an alien from outer space with magical powers?

Good idea but i doubt they'll retcon already-dual-typed mons like Celebi. Empoleon looks like it should be Ice/Flying too and Lugia Dragon/Water/Ice, and yet we have just what we have
#7kaonohiokalaPosted 5/12/2013 3:14:18 AM
Watch Glailie get Fairy-typing and become the UU/RU dragon-slayer.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#8radred2004(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 3:14:30 AM
Besides, changing too many pokemon would vastly change the game.
---
#9BountyanPosted 5/12/2013 3:14:57 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Bountyan posted...

Good idea but i doubt they'll retcon already-dual-typed mons like Celebi. Empoleon looks like it should be Ice/Flying too and Lugia Dragon/Water/Ice, and yet we have just what we have

I doubt they'd have a problem retconning dual types. They did it with Rotom when it wasn't even necessary in gen 5.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#10MilsoPosted 5/12/2013 3:17:45 AM
They've retconned types before and in this instance, they could easily have an ingame event to explain it away. Perhaps something has "awakened" a latent ability in some of these Pokemon?
---
rawr