This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So wasn't Sylveon as a new type just confirmed?

#101RainbowsaurusPosted 5/12/2013 11:53:02 AM
Dragons are lizards, lizards are cold blooded? So getting really cold would kill them off.

....That's the best I can do :s
---
I gotta do what?
http://i.imgur.com/JJOpf2G.png
#102solarisjediPosted 5/12/2013 11:54:32 AM
Featherine posted...
Come to think of it, why is Ice super effective against Dragon?

Doesn't the cold mess with Reptiles because of their blood? Dragons are primarily reptilian in myths, after all.
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
#103Mujika1991Posted 5/12/2013 12:00:33 PM
Troll ?? Much....
#104FeatherinePosted 5/12/2013 12:09:02 PM
Ah, fair enough. The Ice > Dragon thing makes sense now with the cold blooded reptile thing.

I guess type strengths and weaknesses do have their own justifications. It just takes a bit of speculating and thought to do so.

Still not getting the Fairy and Ice thing, though, assuming this is an actual "pixie" type and not something that can make sense in English.
#105gangsta_livinPosted 5/12/2013 1:37:30 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
Featherine posted...

Ice HAD to have something going for it, and Dragon had to have something going against it.

The real question is, why isn't ice super-effective against water?
Instead it's not very effective for some unknown reason
#106LightningHawk90Posted 5/12/2013 1:40:16 PM
y'know, I just saw the Pokemon Smash video...and While it pretty much does confirm some sort of new type, I just gotta wonder...

These people have to be getting paid a whole bunch to actually dress up in costumes like that >.>;
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#107BountyanPosted 5/12/2013 1:40:37 PM
gangsta_livin posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Featherine posted...

Ice HAD to have something going for it, and Dragon had to have something going against it.

Ice is just frozen water, and if you put cold solid water in the warmer liquid water the cold solid water is going to melt. Just like how you leave an ice cube in a glass of water and after a time it'll all just be liquid instead of liquid+ice.

What I think is that ice should resist water for the reverse reason. Put water in a cold environment and it'll freeze and turn into ice thus not be very effective.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#108jnetheryPosted 5/12/2013 1:52:43 PM
Bountyan posted...
gangsta_livin posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Featherine posted...

Ice is just frozen water, and if you put cold solid water in the warmer liquid water the cold solid water is going to melt. Just like how you leave an ice cube in a glass of water and after a time it'll all just be liquid instead of liquid+ice.

What I think is that ice should resist water for the reverse reason. Put water in a cold environment and it'll freeze and turn into ice thus not be very effective.

Water and Ice should both just be NVE against each other, period.
---
1: If you think your opinion is fact, then I will ignore you.
2: If you butcher the English language or abuse Netspeak, see #1.
#109FeatherinePosted 5/12/2013 7:48:15 PM
Ice DOES eventually become water, though. I guess one way or another Ice and Water have to have some sort of affinity towards each other.

(....which also makes me wonder if they'll ever make Scald super effective against Ice-types. Or make it Fire/Water, if dual type attacks do come true).
#110NekoHime64Posted 5/12/2013 7:50:01 PM
Featherine posted...
Ice DOES eventually become water, though. I guess one way or another Ice and Water have to have some sort of affinity towards each other.

(....which also makes me wonder if they'll ever make Scald super effective against Ice-types. Or make it Fire/Water, if dual type attacks do come true).

Then Water moves should heal Ice type pokeys.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.