This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So wasn't Sylveon as a new type just confirmed?

#91RainbowsaurusPosted 5/12/2013 12:15:39 PM
Well, at this point:
- type has been steadily hyped up for a solid 3 months now
- name prefix doesn't really match any existing type
- design doesn't really match any existing type, when eeveelutions normally look just like their represented type
- Smash possibly hinting at new type
---
I gotta do what?
http://i.imgur.com/JJOpf2G.png
#92kawouter1Posted 5/12/2013 12:17:15 PM
Yamata_Demon posted...
GoGoat posted...
kawouter1 posted...
Because there's a big difference between Reshiram and Sylveon. I'[m seriously getting so tired from this argument. Dragon/Fire still fits Reshiram while no other type, but a new one fits Sylveon.

Sorry, but no. Now we have sufficient evidence to back up the new type argument, but until today, no one had the right to becide what type best "fits" a pokemon.

Head. Ass. Separate them.

Ummm... Rude.

But seriously there are dozens of things pointing to a new type. While almost no things pointing to an existing type. It's not 100% confirmed ofcourse, but come on. How can anyone still think it won't be a new type?

Name them.

Name them, please

- The fact that they're keeping it so secret. Would Nintendo really cause all of this commotion if it turns out to be just Poison/Normal/Flying type? The backlash would be huge.

- The fact that you can't tell Sylveon's typing by just looking at it, while you can do that with all other Eeveelutions.

- The Pokémon Smash video this topic is about.

- The recent Pokébeach leaks. although i have to admit i have my doubts about them.

And now before you're going to say these aren't facts, no they aren't. If we had any facts or confirmation we wouldn't have this discussion.
---
Sorry for my bad english, i'm dutch
#93SettaWorldTeethPosted 5/12/2013 12:21:13 PM
Ice can't be weak to another type. This is getting stupid now.
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#94reaverzPosted 5/12/2013 12:23:22 PM
SettaWorldTeeth posted...
Ice can't be weak to another type. This is getting stupid now.

I do admit that I hope that the ice-shattering portion was only specifically scripted to get Steel tested and that it doesn't necessarily say much of the hypothetical new type's effectiveness against it. Ice indeed does not need any more weaknesses...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#95sonicfanaticjtbPosted 5/12/2013 12:28:07 PM
kawouter1 posted...

Name them, please

- The fact that they're keeping it so secret. Would Nintendo really cause all of this commotion if it turns out to be just Poison/Normal/Flying type? The backlash would be huge.

- The fact that you can't tell Sylveon's typing by just looking at it, while you can do that with all other Eeveelutions.

- The Pokémon Smash video this topic is about.

- The recent Pokébeach leaks. although i have to admit i have my doubts about them.

And now before you're going to say these aren't facts, no they aren't. If we had any facts or confirmation we wouldn't have this discussion.

People have wanted eeveevolutions for types such as dragon and ghost for years. Why would there be backlash if Sylveon turned out to not be a new type when people want new eeveevolutions of existing types anyways?

Normal. Done.

Both of these just now happened.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#96FeatherinePosted 5/12/2013 12:37:53 PM
Okay okay disregarding everything that's happened in this thread, let's consider one thing:

How is Fairy super effective against the Ice-type, technically speaking? I get the whole Water > Fire and Dark > Psychic thing, but I have a hard time seeing how pixies and...ice are relevant to each other.
#97RainbowsaurusPosted 5/12/2013 12:43:14 PM
Featherine posted...
Okay okay disregarding everything that's happened in this thread, let's consider one thing:

How is Fairy super effective against the Ice-type, technically speaking? I get the whole Water > Fire and Dark > Psychic thing, but I have a hard time seeing how pixies and...ice are relevant to each other.

Even Poison > Fairy is pretty strenuous, imo.

I feel like Sylveon has a good chance of being a new type, but not the oft-speculated fairy type. At this point it's just think "what could be strong against ice, but weak to poison?"
---
I gotta do what?
http://i.imgur.com/JJOpf2G.png
#98Kirazykid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:46:20 PM
Featherine posted...

Technically, there's been no mention of the fairy type. Fairy's only mentioned in rumors. All Smash implies is a new type, not Necessarily fairy.
Anyways, let's say it is fairy. I honestly have little knowledge on fairy folklore, so I wouldn't know.
If it was Love, it could be melting icy hearts though!
---
http://i.imgur.com/IeM8k.gif
White 2 Friend Code: 4342 1476 5894
#99FeatherinePosted 5/12/2013 12:51:23 PM
Come to think of it, why is Ice super effective against Dragon?

This is Pokemon we're talking about, so anything's possible at this point. I just hope they're logical in the weaknesses and strengths of a new type.

Also guys, please consider that "Fairy" may be translated Japanese terminology. For all we know, "Fairy" might get localized into something else in English, just like how the Dark-type was the "Evil" type in Japan.
#100Great_ReapettePosted 5/12/2013 12:52:11 PM
Featherine posted...
Come to think of it, why is Ice super effective against Dragon?

Ice HAD to have something going for it, and Dragon had to have something going against it.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.