This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just refresh my memory.Why do people want this series to have sexual elements?

#51XRamzaXPosted 5/12/2013 12:09:17 PM
Lexifox posted...
XRamzaX posted...
Not sure on this one. Pokemon is aimed at kids but I often wonder how much of the demographic is even that young anymore. Most people who grew up on pokemon are in their 20s now.

The older you get the more mature you want your games. This is difficult since the majority of people still seem to believe games are for kids even though most gamers are now between 20-30ish.

Also since someone mentions the bikini dlc thing, its hardly about sexual elements and more about how that has been something that has been in rpgs for a long time.

I mean look at games like tales and xenosaga. Swimsuit are hardly considered sexual, or we wouldnt allow our kids to the pool/beach and I can assure you this is not the case.

So we're clear: The games have had testicle jokes, perverted old men, girls in bikinis, "wardrobe malfunctions", homosexual references, etc. since Gen 1. This stuff just tends to get censored or downplayed with the localization.

legendxofxsky posted...
I'm easily offended? I hope that you realize this is somebody else, right?

He is blinded by troll-rage. And blurry vision.

Haha its been a really long time since I have played. Back then i doubt I would have been paying close enough attention to catch most of this stuff.
---
Troll killing method 1: Refuse to speak or acknowledge them in any way except by quoting anything they post. Ignore this method if already performed.
#52XxWontonxXPosted 5/12/2013 12:11:09 PM
It's k guys, Lexi has already won this topic.
---
Palutena, Micaiah, Shulk, Chrom, Lucina, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, Mona, and Mega Man for SSB4.
#53LexifoxPosted 5/12/2013 12:11:58 PM
GalladetheGreat posted...
1. First half of post 5.
2. The posts on this board imply they want uncensored sexuality. Which I object to, unless it's censored.

1. If this has been in since Gen 1 and still goes on, this goes out the window.

2. And we know it'll be censored, Grandpa Puritan.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#54GalladetheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:13:54 PM
1. Yet again, not overly explicit.
2. Prove that the posters here believe it will be censored.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#55LexifoxPosted 5/12/2013 12:14:48 PM
1. Yet again, not overly explicit.
2. Prove that the posters here believe it will be censored.

1. So has it gotten more explicit as the franchise goes on?
2. Why should I prove or care what a bunch of idiots and trolls believe?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#56GalladetheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:16:09 PM
1.No.
2.Because this topic is directed towards people as a whole, not you in particular.
---
#57Deadly_FirePosted 5/12/2013 12:18:15 PM
Homosexuality is not inherently any more explicit than heterosexuality. One NPC referring to another as his boyfriend is the same as a female NPC referring to another as her boyfriend. There's nothing overtly sexual about either. I'm not saying I need it in the game but it's still not explicit.
#58LexifoxPosted 5/12/2013 12:19:38 PM
1.No.
2.Because this topic is directed towards people as a whole, not you in particular.

1. Then you admit this is all sound and fury over nothing.
2. Then you should be directing it at the people you take issue with.
---
#59scrappybristolPosted 5/12/2013 12:22:49 PM
scrappybristol posted...
You're acting like its hard to sexualize something. Surely you aren't that ignorant.

The demographic this game pertains to does not need blatant sexuality. There's hentai and s*** for older people, which is fine. As long nothing like that is in the game.

What I meant was it isn't hard to see sexual material in supposedly innocent media.

Actually, all I have to do is point to the old man outside of the Celadon Gym.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#60GalladetheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:23:06 PM
1. Some people on this board apparently want to make it so.
2. That's exactly why I posted it on this board, to the people as a whole, instead of PMing a specific person. I wanted the entire board's opinion on it.
---