This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else worried about transferring past poke's to X and Y?

#1BloodStainedSanPosted 5/12/2013 11:36:29 AM
Because I'd like to trade all my Legends to X and Y (have all except Moloetta), but I don't have another 3ds or DS. Plus i'd be sitting there for hours trading all these poke's
---
One of Dragon Ball Online's few, proud, and all mighty Namekians
#2DarkOceanNightsPosted 5/12/2013 11:40:19 AM(edited)
I'm only worried that we will be able to. Mostly because Pokemon goes farther then personal collection. People wont be able to hack themselves an X/Y team in seconds.
---
GT: Doctorbean PSN: TidalWaves
#3reaverzPosted 5/12/2013 11:44:11 AM
If we can, the only thing I'm worried about is my older Pokemon's Hidden Power types changing because of a new type. How lovely would it be if what translated to a Hidden Power Ice in Gens III-V translated to a Hidden Power Poison in Gen VI...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#4OhHeyltsYouPosted 5/12/2013 11:49:40 AM
I'm just worried that Game Freak will be lazy and keep the past transferring system of only 1 Pokemon at a time. They need to get with the times. There's 649 Pokemon now.. No one wants to sit there and trade one Pokemon at a time 649 times.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#5BloodStainedSan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 11:56:18 AM
OhHeyltsYou posted...
I'm just worried that Game Freak will be lazy and keep the past transferring system of only 1 Pokemon at a time. They need to get with the times. There's 649 Pokemon now.. No one wants to sit there and trade one Pokemon at a time 649 times.

Exactly! I don't want to have to sit there with a friend for a hours on end because I can only trade one of my 100+ pokemon to my next game
---
One of Dragon Ball Online's few, proud, and all mighty Namekians
#6ClassyOldHatPosted 5/12/2013 1:35:47 PM
DarkOceanNights posted...
I'm only worried that we will be able to. Mostly because Pokemon goes farther then personal collection. People wont be able to hack themselves an X/Y team in seconds.

You do realize that when the 3DS finally is hacked, the situation will be the same as it always has been, but now legit players will have to wait even longer to get their teams because they don't have any pre-made ones they can transfer, right? If you block backwards compatibility out of fear of hacking, you'll permanently be punishing all fans to temporarily stop the handful who actually did anything "wrong." ("Wrong" is in quotation marks because GameFreak has a rather poor system set up that all-but requires cheating or using a simulator to have a fair match.)

That said, it lookslikely that there will be some sort of transfer system. The Event Mewtwo being given away with the movie seems remarkably similar to the Shiny Johto Legends for Zoroark's event. Hopefully, they'll allow mass transfers without minigames or similar.
#7matt-nicklinPosted 5/12/2013 1:50:17 PM
Well it won't be trading one at a time as it will be transferring so that's at least 6 at a time, but I do hate doing all the mini games etc, you should be able to select whatever you want transferred across and it just does it,
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
Black 2 FC 5115 1478 8907
#8WiiareVenomPosted 5/12/2013 1:55:42 PM
I hope they allow you to transfer with out the minigames.

And select three for trade at once in normal trading(black and white added the showing three for trade thing, now it wouldn't be to hard to let us trade all 3 at once).
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.