This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you a believer of the fairy type?

#11DonniedonzPosted 5/12/2013 12:44:08 PM
Remember the Peter Pan live action movie where hordes of children were chanting "I do believe in fairies! I do, I do!" Well, that's kinda what the freakin X/Y boards have dissolved into.
---
Well, well, well... What do we have here?
#12MephilasPosted 5/12/2013 12:47:51 PM
No.

1) There is an egg group called the fairy egg group.

2) Fairy is a derogatory term in the US. So it won't fly here.

3) The type is stupid, so being called something else would make it amillion times more stupid.
---
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#13DonniedonzPosted 5/12/2013 12:55:00 PM
Mephilas posted...

I'm sorry, I think the rest of GameFAQs was unaware that Japanese game developers catered to the derogatory slang used in the US.
---
Well, well, well... What do we have here?
#14darkdragongirlPosted 5/12/2013 12:56:12 PM
Why aren't yes/no questions polls? It is not like anyone on GameFAQs really enjoys listening to each others opinions.
---
http://imgur.com/JGA4ofp.gif
"Between [Men's Room Mayhem] and Superfrog HHHHHHDDDDD, the Vita will be the best handheld of all time!!!!" --- mike_411
#15Strain42Posted 5/12/2013 12:56:17 PM
Donniedonz posted...
Mephilas posted...

I'm sorry, I think the rest of GameFAQs was unaware that Japanese game developers catered to the derogatory slang used in the US.

They wouldn't. If a Fairy type does exist, it would most likely be called Yosei in Japan. When people say Fairy, they are assuming that will be the English name, not the Japanese name.

Much like how the Dark type is Evil in Japanese.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#16LexifoxPosted 5/12/2013 12:56:23 PM
Mephilas posted...
No.

3) The type is stupid, so being called something else would make it amillion times more stupid.

Doesn't your second point show your first point isn't an issue?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#17reaverzPosted 5/12/2013 12:57:33 PM
Mephilas posted...

Yes. There is also a Ground, Bug, Flying, Grass, Dragon and three Water Egg Groups.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#18B4TT3RYPosted 5/12/2013 12:59:01 PM
I wish it wasn't named fairy type, that just sounds childlike/girly a 'Light' or 'Celestial' would be so much better.
---
Thank you for posting. Here at the Forum we greatly value your input!- TheHarmfulOne
#19Reborn_SigmaPosted 5/12/2013 1:11:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20the_cajun88Posted 5/12/2013 2:43:21 PM
And to the fools who don't what they really are

...what?
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg