This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So...is it basically confirmed that Sylveon is a new type?

#11RainbowsaurusPosted 5/12/2013 1:34:14 PM
Never mind, everyone here doesn't believe the Smash thing anyway.

Either way, Masuda is suppose to be on next week with important info.
---
I gotta do what?
http://i.imgur.com/JJOpf2G.png
#12Strain42Posted 5/12/2013 1:34:58 PM
If memory serves, Pokemon Smash themselves have never made an official reveal. They get people who are actually working on the games (like Masuda) to come on and make reveals.

So while it's possible all this testing Sylveon's type stuff might be some big publicity stunt put together by GameFreak and Pokemon Smash, it's also possible that it's just humorous sketches that they put together based on the fact that we don't know what type Sylveon is.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#13Ari917Posted 5/12/2013 1:35:14 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Define "official source."

I feel like a lot of people treat Pokemon Smash like it's just a news show, when it's really not. At all.

It does deliver news from time to time, they gave us Newtwo before anything else (ignoring leaks of course) as well as first gameplay footage. Granted it wouldn't be my first choice but to completely ignore it is silly as well.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#14FuneralCakePosted 5/12/2013 1:38:06 PM
Sure, it does occasionally have some news, but that's not the point of the show.

Some people go as far as to analyze the hell out of every little thing that happens on the show just to try to find "clues" about the games. I think this is one of those times.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#15Ari917Posted 5/12/2013 1:41:42 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Sure, it does occasionally have some news, but that's not the point of the show.

Some people go as far as to analyze the hell out of every little thing that happens on the show just to try to find "clues" about the games. I think this is one of those times.

Maybe, maybe not. We don't know, the fact that they were playing with the idea does give some credit to the theory so lets at least give it that. Either way, it's best not to rattle cages and instead wait for this to be addressed next week.
---
#16RainbowsaurusPosted 5/12/2013 1:42:50 PM
I just find it odd that they would have a skit and outright say things like "What? She's affected by the poison!" or "She's strong against ice!"

They probably know Sylveon's type, given their info comes from GF...but what am I saying? I''m just over analyzing everything.

(here's the skit, for people wondering what the fuss is (at ~40 minutes in))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSMQxYfwGnA&list=HL1368394888&feature=mh_lolz
---
I gotta do what?
http://i.imgur.com/JJOpf2G.png
#17FuneralCakePosted 5/12/2013 1:43:38 PM
I don't think Sylveon's type is going to be revealed next week when Masuda is on... They're just going to be going over the CoroCoro stuff.
---
#18Arne83Posted 5/12/2013 1:44:00 PM
Human-Bean posted...
Preferably a Love type.

No. Go away, Beanman.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#19Ari917Posted 5/12/2013 1:45:21 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I don't think Sylveon's type is going to be revealed next week when Masuda is on... They're just going to be going over the CoroCoro stuff.

I'm hoping they do since the sooner this is addressed the better, right now the fans are ready to rip each other apart about this.
---
#20FuneralCakePosted 5/12/2013 1:46:49 PM
They don't care about the fans. It's funny for me to watch people obsess over it, because I really don't care about Sylveon's type at all.

Assuming it is a new type, they'll probably wait until next month at the earliest to reveal it.
---