This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Before everything goes nuts remember Fairy type could only be its japanese name

#11Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/12/2013 4:47:21 PM
Strain42 posted...
Or the Japanese name could be Yosei and Fairy could easily be the English name.

I don't even know why people complain about fairy. This is exactly what they're called in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise. And no one ever complains about fairies in SMT (likely because those who play it know how awesome they are).
#12BountyanPosted 5/12/2013 4:50:13 PM
Also remember that the translation from "evil" to "dark" and "esper" to "psychic" actually make sense compared to these fan translations everyone is making up.

Fairy != light
Fairy != cosmic
Fairy != celestial
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#13NekoHime64Posted 5/12/2013 4:50:57 PM
RageKaiser posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
Or fairy type doesn't exist at all. Just sayin'.

It's about 95% confirmed that there is going to be a new type. It may or may not be fairy, but I'd really stop with the denial and get used to the idea if I were you.

Doesn't mean it's fairy, and 95% doesn't mean confirmed. I do actually think there is going to be a new type tho, just sayin' it's not official.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#14MagikarpRulesPosted 5/12/2013 4:53:43 PM
Before everything goes nuts, consider the new type (if it exists) could be something else entirely, not necessarily Fairy.

I'd like so much people would stop discussing which type name is better until it's 100% confirmed we have a new type. But it will be for naught.
#15WiiareVenomPosted 5/12/2013 4:56:18 PM
Bountyan posted...
Also remember that the translation from "evil" to "dark" and "esper" to "psychic" actually make sense compared to these fan translations everyone is making up.

Fairy != light
Fairy != cosmic
Fairy != celestial

Yeah. If anything Light=Celestial<.<

I think they would change Fairy to Faerie, if it was real and they changed it at all.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.