This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dual Typing and "Fairy Type"

#1deathbycookiesPosted 5/12/2013 6:45:24 PM
yeah i'm late to this party and well... even thou fairy type seems very odd i'm more sad about dual type attacks

i mean yes for more variety but this will definately cause alot of confusion unless done right
---
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#2RethalwolfPosted 5/12/2013 6:49:23 PM
What makes everyone assume they won't do it right?
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#3jEr3mYPosted 5/12/2013 6:50:24 PM
Hey TC, you do realise Fairy type and dual attacks AREN'T confirmed....
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013
#4deathbycookies(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 6:52:02 PM
jEr3mY posted...
Hey TC, you do realise Fairy type and dual attacks AREN'T confirmed....

i realize they aren't but the whole lot of you are acting like they are. and it seems legit sadly enough. again i'm ok with fairy type but dual typing..
---
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#5Izanagi09Posted 5/12/2013 7:26:53 PM
I can believe the Fairy type could happen as things about Slyveon seem to lead up to a new type, but some attacks being dual type.... it could happen and if it does I would be very interested to see how it would work. After all Gen V did introduce collaboration attacks (even if it was for the starters), so they could just as well introduce this.

But I will admit somethings about some of the rumors seem off, like Mewtwo getting a second forme, I think they were referring to his regular and new forme, I really have a hard time believe it but I guess time will tell if there will be two formes for it.

Flying battles
I honestly doubt it for obvious reasons, it just sounds way too good to be true. Although I gotta admit it would be an awesome feature but I can't help but wonder how would they be different from normal battles (besides obviously fighting in the air). And also why only flying type and levitating pokemon? Why not anything that is capable of flight and also some Pokemon with flying as their type don't have wings or can't even use fly (ex;Gyarados) how can they be apart of the flying battle?

The Starters typing
Sure I do believe Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic but Chespin as Grass/Fighting and Froakie as Water/Dark? I mean come on That would mean no starter has more than one advantage to the type(s) their strong against. I would like it if it was Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting because that way the starters can have one advantage and disadvantage between them.

Gyms
The only problem I have is with Fairy being the second gym to face, I just think it would be too early maybe the 5-8 gym battle, but that's just me.

That's about it for me, I hopes at least some of the rumors are true because I would like to see how fairy would be competitive wise.
---
Persona!!!
#6Gold UrsaringPosted 5/12/2013 9:27:54 PM
Dual Type attacks could be done in a balanced way, and will probably be rare. It could just be an attack like "Double Hit" that hits twice with different types.

A new type could freshen the type chart and bring about some changes.

Flying Battles could be fun, especially if it can be a random event when Flying. Like when you Fly, you encounter a wild Pokemon or a trainer.
#7Shadow Flare13Posted 5/12/2013 10:29:11 PM
I HIGHLY doubt dual-typed attacks will be a thing. That **** gets stupidly complicated with dual-type Pokemon. Also, how would STAB work? And also other things like items and abilities (or weather conditions) that increase power of a certain type?

It's just a stupid idea with no good way to pull off. It introduces unwanted complexity and doesn't really add much to the game.
#8DoctorJimmy133Posted 5/12/2013 10:48:34 PM
Dual Type attacks could be done in a balanced way, and will probably be rare. It could just be an attack like "Double Hit" that hits twice with different types.

Now that is a good idea. Here, have an Internet cookie.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#9Sad_FacePosted 5/12/2013 10:58:22 PM

Now that is a good idea. Here, have an Internet cookie.

I like how most of the discussion on Dual typing always revolves around calling it a terrible idea while assuming the worst. This is the first post I've seen that talks about how it could work. Here's another internet cookie.