This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, apparently there is evidence of another Bug Gym?

#1WiiareVenomPosted 5/12/2013 7:06:10 PM
I hope the rumor of it being first is false, at least if they don't let us trade before the first badge again. I was starting to wam up to Chespin<.<

Kind of weird potentially having the one of the same type gyms early on for to gens straight<.<

IMO first through third = early.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 5/12/2013 7:07:28 PM
Well, I mean, in the original trailer there is a place that looks to specialize in Grass/Bug types, so that part of the rumor is believable for me
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3jimrichardsPosted 5/12/2013 7:31:06 PM
WiiareVenom posted...
I hope the rumor of it being first is false, at least if they don't let us trade before the first badge again. I was starting to wam up to Chespin<.<

You could always catch the inevitable early game bird. Heck, anything that isn't Grass-Type will do well, and there's always plenty of those.

WiiareVenom posted...
Kind of weird potentially having the one of the same type gyms early on for to gens straight<.<

Kanto: Rock, Water, Electric
Johto: Flying, Bug, Normal
Hoenn: Rock, Fighting, Electric
Sinnoh: Rock, Grass, Fighting/Ghost
Unova: Grass/Fire/Water, Normal, Bug
Unova 2: Normal, Poison, Bug

It isn't like there's no precedent for repeating early types.

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Well, I mean, in the original trailer there is a place that looks to specialize in Grass/Bug types, so that part of the rumor is believable for me

This. Also, the shapeshifting room appeared to be a Gym (Psychic?) and that room with the flame pillars could also be a Gym.
---
I would prefer to be known as BlackWaltzTheThird, or just Waltz for short.
Official Froakie of the Pokemon X boards.
#4WiiareVenom(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 7:36:32 PM
jimrichards posted...
WiiareVenom posted...

You could always catch the inevitable early game bird. Heck, anything that isn't Grass-Type will do well, and there's always plenty of those.

WiiareVenom posted...

Kanto: Rock, Water, Electric
Johto: Flying, Bug, Normal
Hoenn: Rock, Fighting, Electric
Sinnoh: Rock, Grass, Fighting/Ghost
Unova: Grass/Fire/Water, Normal, Bug
Unova 2: Normal, Poison, Bug

It isn't like there's no precedent for repeating early types.

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...

This. Also, the shapeshifting room appeared to be a Gym (Psychic?) and that room with the flame pillars could also be a Gym.

Forgot about the gen 3+4 Rock types. True about the bird, unless you can't get it before the first Gym (wasn't Pidove after Straithon[sp?}?).

Type really isnt that big a deal (in Yellow, I beat Brock with Pikachu my first playthrough). I just really hope they let us trade as soon as we can catch Pokemon this time.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
#5jEr3mYPosted 5/12/2013 7:38:06 PM
well bug types are generally early game so it makes sense... but I want something different.. Something that'll make up think...

Maybe an Electric type first up... random and weird but we don't get Ground types early......

and I WANT A DAMN DARK GYM!!!!
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013
#6nro87Posted 5/12/2013 7:44:34 PM
Even if there is a Bug gym early, it won't matter for Chespin. He used Aerial Ace in the early footage, so maybe he will get Aerial Ace at a low level.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#7WiiareVenom(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 7:50:56 PM
nro87 posted...
Even if there is a Bug gym early, it won't matter for Chespin. He used Aerial Ace in the early footage, so maybe he will get Aerial Ace at a low level.

Good Point. Though if the evos leaks, and the conceptual Chespear/something equally interesting don't happen I might use a different one anyway. This gen seems to have the hardes starter choice for me.
---
#8xxxxxnPosted 5/12/2013 7:53:09 PM
Hopefully this bug gym will be more challenging than the bug gyms in the past games.
#9DarkFistsPosted 5/12/2013 8:53:42 PM
xxxxxn posted...
Hopefully this bug gym will be more challenging than the bug gyms in the past games.

Bugsy, Gen 4, U-turn Scyther. Probably the hardest bug gym we'll ever get sadly :/
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#10Shadow Flare13Posted 5/12/2013 8:59:42 PM
I don't care if they repeat commonly done gym types as long as they switch up the order (and finally give us a Dark gym). We've never had a Rock type Gym that wasn't the first gym, so it'd be cool to have it be 7 or 8. A Normal type Elite 4 member could also be really cool, especially if they make some non-Flying dual-typed Normals.