This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A move worse than Splash

#11MAtt5TERPosted 5/12/2013 8:38:32 PM
Nah, Splash is still worse than Gen 1 Focus Energy. Both are basically turn passes, but Focus Energy's lower PP lets you use Struggle earlier.
Between the same Pokemon that only uses Splash vs only uses Focus Energy, the one with Focus Energy will win.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#12iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 8:45:40 PM
crunchy612 posted...
except...it can still have the proper effect when used by a faster 'mon. Splash has no effect whatsoever.

Nope. It did nothing when used by a faster pokemon.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#13AccrovideogamesPosted 5/12/2013 9:03:22 PM
Gen 1 Focus Energy (it was fixed in Pokémon Stadium) was indeed the worst move ever. It had no effect if the user was faster and it made it impossible to deal critical hits if the user was slower. The only way to remove the effect of the move was to switch out or use Haze. Despite being totally useless, Splash was better than Focus Energy because it didn't give negative effects to the user. Focus Energy was broken and one of the many examples proving the incompetence of Game Freak's programming back in the day. They still make errors today but certainly not as much as yesterday. I hope that they'll fix Azurill's type and gender ratio this time.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#14piranhapetePosted 5/12/2013 9:35:46 PM
Well, Gen 1 Rage *can* be way, way worse if someone uses an accuracy-decreasing move on you like sand attack. Then you are stuck missing literally FOREVER. You never run out of PP, you can't switch, you never hit. You are stuck until your opponent kills you.

One time my Onix (around like lv 30 or so if I recall) was using it against a Sandshrew. It didn't kill it the first hit, and Sandshrew used sand attack. Its scratch attack only did one damage at a time, and I had about 90 left when this started. So I had to wait ninety turns until I could do anything.

Still, that only happens sometimes...
---
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen!
So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
#15DarkHeroRavenPosted 5/12/2013 9:39:20 PM
Draco Meter, Completely useless.

Yeah, Draco Meter sucks. I'd never use it.

Draco Meteor, on the other hand...
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#16jEr3mYPosted 5/12/2013 9:43:05 PM
Magical Splash - It does no damage, but completely lowers all your stats, while completely raising all your opponents stats, accuracy to the max and restores all their HP and recovers any statuses
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013
#17Thepenguinking2Posted 5/12/2013 9:51:35 PM
Memento.
---
http://pokebot.everyboty.net/pix/217.jpg best picture to ever face the interwebs.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#18iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 9:51:57 PM
jEr3mY posted...
Magical Splash - It does no damage, but completely lowers all your stats, while completely raising all your opponents stats, accuracy to the max and restores all their HP and recovers any statuses

Signature move of Magikarp
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#19_Taidow_Posted 5/12/2013 9:52:41 PM
Bestow
---
"The answer to a question I never asked." - Bridget Tice
#20Decon082Posted 5/12/2013 10:13:37 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Lexifox posted...
Are there any other moves that have been as detrimental as FE?

A Hi Jump Kick that misses.

Hi Jump Kick doesn't damage the opponent when it misses. In Gen 1, instead of doing half of the damage you would have done in recoil, it does half the damage you actually did in recoil. Half of zero is zero, which gets rounded up to an amazing 1 recoil damage every time Hi Jump Kick missed in Gen 1. :D
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/