This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shift Gear Genesect

#11ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/12/2013 9:50:56 PM
Yveltal posted...
What's so good about this reveal?

Shift gear was exclusive to Klinklang line, it boosts speed by two and attack by one

Very very very very very good buff move, now genesect gets it

Straight to ubers

Oh wait
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#12kirbydude385Posted 5/12/2013 9:52:07 PM
-Unowninator- posted...
reaverz posted...
The physical Rock Polish variants have just become ridiculous with Shift Gear, since potentially Genesect can have double Attack AND Speed after one turn...

It only raises Attack by 1 stage. Only Speed is doubled.

the point is shift gear+download may equal +2 Att and +2 speed
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#13reaverzPosted 5/12/2013 9:54:56 PM
-Unowninator- posted...
It only raises Attack by 1 stage. Only Speed is doubled.

But Download could have raised Attack when it switched in. And in Ubers, Download more often triggers Attack than Special Attack since most of the legendaries have a lower physical Defense.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#14Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/12/2013 10:01:22 PM
Can't really recall useful physical moves for him though. U-Turn cancels out the boost and Extremespeed has priority anyway. Blaze Kick is bad imo

If he opts to X-Scissors etc, he seems like a generic faster Scizor (that's purpose is to set up and stay) to me. Iunno, theorymonning
#15darkdragongirlPosted 5/12/2013 10:01:39 PM
But Choice Scarf....doesn't that negate the stat gains since you are choice'd?

So, yeah obviously you're giving Genesect something else to hold. I guess It is to keep with the Extremespeed theme.
---
http://imgur.com/JGA4ofp.gif
"Between [Men's Room Mayhem] and Superfrog HHHHHHDDDDD, the Vita will be the best handheld of all time!!!!" --- mike_411
#16Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/12/2013 10:10:11 PM
darkdragongirl posted...

So, yeah obviously you're giving Genesect something else to hold. I guess It is to keep with the Extremespeed theme.

It doesn't "negate" per se, but makes everything except Blaze Kick moot
#17-Unowninator-Posted 5/12/2013 10:12:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#18Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/12/2013 10:18:02 PM
-Unowninator- posted...
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
darkdragongirl posted...

It doesn't "negate" per se, but makes everything except Blaze Kick moot

Huh?

Choice Scarf Shift Gear is stupid, Choice Scarf Extremespeed lets you use Extremespeed before other Extremespeed users due to speed boost (lol)

None of these 2 moves are exactly the moves to use with Choice Scarf, so only Blaze Kick "benefits" from it. Of course this whole thing is stupid because nobody would attach a Choice Scarf to such movepool. Scarf is just a bonus item to go with the godspeed theme
#19Frost_LASERPosted 5/12/2013 10:21:31 PM
scrappybristol posted...
So Shift Gear, Extremespeed, Blaze Kick, and holds a Choice Scarf...

I guess painting things red and putting flames on it does make things faster.

Char Aznable should have taught you that a long time ago. It makes it 3x faster.
#20reaverzPosted 5/12/2013 10:22:34 PM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Can't really recall useful physical moves for him though. U-Turn cancels out the boost and Extremespeed has priority anyway. Blaze Kick is bad imo

If he opts to X-Scissors etc, he seems like a generic faster Scizor (that's purpose is to set up and stay) to me. Iunno, theorymonning

X-scissor and Iron Head for STAB, and Genesect actually makes decent use of Explosion due to the Download boost. Extremespeed and Blaze Kick are nice options to have.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]