This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type would benefit the most in the Meta Game if Fairy Type was introduced?

#1Brandon00151Posted 5/13/2013 7:46:45 AM
What type of Pokemon will Fairy benefit the most? - Results (176 votes)
Psychic
7.39% (13 votes)
Fighting
1.14% (2 votes)
Dragon
4.55% (8 votes)
Poison
56.25% (99 votes)
Steel
16.48% (29 votes)
Ice
4.55% (8 votes)
Dark
3.41% (6 votes)
some other Type
6.25% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If Pokebeach's rumors are true what type would benefit the most from it?

"Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it."

-Which Pokemon would probably gain Fairy type as a secondary type that would help it the most

-What Pokemon who's type is unchanged would benefit from having Fairy type moves in its move pool

-What Pokemon might benefit at the expense of another Pokemon becoming fairy type
#2CrabhammarPosted 5/13/2013 7:50:08 AM
I dunno, but the reign of the Dragon would be over. Total immunity? Slap a Sylveon in Ubers and just like that, most legendaries cower in fear.
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#3Chaos GenesisPosted 5/13/2013 7:50:22 AM
None of those, because the new type's effectivenesses are not at all what Pokebeach is saying.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#4kingtracePosted 5/13/2013 7:50:35 AM
Clefable will gain Fairy, for sure. It probably won't make it not suck, but there you go.

If anyone screws up Chansey's typing, I'm going to flip. She's the best wall in the game bar none, and changing her type could screw here.
---
Talking about users: ToS Violation
Talking about Smash, inFAMOUS, feminism, and hacking: A-OK
#5Iced_ShadowsPosted 5/13/2013 7:53:17 AM
kingtrace posted...
Clefable will gain Fairy, for sure. It probably won't make it not suck, but there you go.

If anyone screws up Chansey's typing, I'm going to flip. She's the best wall in the game bar none, and changing her type could screw here.

Don't worry, nothing about Chansey implies it would be part Fairy. If the new typing were a love type or something, though...
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#6AnclationPosted 5/13/2013 7:55:01 AM
Crabhammar posted...
I dunno, but the reign of the Dragon would be over. Total immunity? Slap a Sylveon in Ubers and just like that, most legendaries cower in fear.

Yeah, it's not like Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom and the Kuyrem forms are dual type or anything..
#7KitschgardenerPosted 5/13/2013 7:56:15 AM
-Which Pokemon would probably gain Fairy type as a secondary type that would help it the most

Jirachi if it gets it (gets Dragon immunity for a neutrality to Steel). Altaria possibly (Dragon weakness->immunity, gains Poison and Steel weaknesses).

What Pokemon who's type is unchanged would benefit from having Fairy type moves in its move pool

Tyranitar lol.

What Pokemon might benefit at the expense of another Pokemon becoming fairy type

Scizor, maybe? Bullet Punch hits more for SE damage. Not much else uses Poison or Steel STABs at the moment except maybe Venusaur, Bronzong, Metagross, Gengar... But that would change.
#8kingtracePosted 5/13/2013 7:57:32 AM
Crabhammar posted...

If Slyveon gets it, you'd better believe Xerneas will, too. Smogon would probably ban him from ubers if that was the case. XD
---
#9kingtracePosted 5/13/2013 7:58:29 AM
Anclation posted...
Crabhammar posted...

Yeah, it's not like Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom and the Kuyrem forms are dual type or anything..

Yeah, and you always see Dialga running Flash Cannon and Rayquaza rocking Fly. Seriously, you seem to have no grasp of the competitive metagame.
---
#10arvilinoPosted 5/13/2013 8:00:05 AM
Chaos Genesis posted...
None of those, because the new type's effectivenesses are not at all what Pokebeach is saying.