This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type would benefit the most in the Meta Game if Fairy Type was introduced?

#21AngryGFAQerPosted 5/13/2013 7:13:59 PM
Brandon00151 posted...
super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting

Oh, great. Another weakness.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#22CrabhammarPosted 5/13/2013 8:03:47 PM
Anclation posted...
Crabhammar posted...
I dunno, but the reign of the Dragon would be over. Total immunity? Slap a Sylveon in Ubers and just like that, most legendaries cower in fear.

Yeah, it's not like Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom and the Kuyrem forms are dual type or anything..

I would mock you, but everyone else got to it first :P

kingtrace posted...
Crabhammar posted...
I dunno, but the reign of the Dragon would be over. Total immunity? Slap a Sylveon in Ubers and just like that, most legendaries cower in fear.

If Slyveon gets it, you'd better believe Xerneas will, too. Smogon would probably ban him from ubers if that was the case. XD

They'd probably put a "Fairy" tier above Ubers or something haha; total immunity to Dragon would shake things up really quickly.
---
PSN: Bluechacho
#23Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/13/2013 8:11:51 PM
It will be horrible if true. Immunity on Dragons sounds fine (although I don't like the type suggestion), but another weakness to Dark types, why the hell would they do that?

It isn't like Fighting, Ground (TTar cries), and now you suggest an addition of this? Blurgh. Dark type becoming the new Bug type, calling it now if true.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#24Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/13/2013 8:19:21 PM
ITT: Immunity over a powerful and overused offensive type is bannable

Let's first ban Ghost-type, and then cry moar on a metagame with Dragons roaming free with their Outrages, Draco Meteors, etc and cling on your staple Steel-type to make the game somewhat fun a little
#25RingsOfUranusPosted 5/13/2013 8:22:02 PM
Why do people assume that FAIRY is going to be what changes the shape of the metagame? Introduction of new Pokemon is going to reshape it entirely in itself.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#26Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/13/2013 8:28:56 PM
RingsOfUranus posted...
Why do people assume that FAIRY is going to be what changes the shape of the metagame? Introduction of new Pokemon is going to reshape it entirely in itself.

A type adds more than any single Pokemon could effect a metagame.

For instance, if a Pokemon is ridiculous in the new gen, it may move up to Ubers, and stay there for eternity.

You can't ban a type in its entirety. You can ban Pokemon of said type, but not the type (moves), (element), etc. All together. Which has bigger changes or implications to the meta.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#27Chaos_MissilePosted 5/13/2013 9:37:40 PM
kingtrace posted...
If anyone screws up Chansey's typing, I'm going to flip. She's the best wall in the game bar none, and changing her type could screw here.

Isnt Chansey pure Normal? Why?

The only weakness gained is from 2 types that are generally mediocre offensive-wise(unfortunately). Steel is only used as a wall and Poison for poison. How would getting poison status change Chansey at all since, as a Normal type, it was never immune to poison in the first place?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#28iKhanicPosted 5/13/2013 9:41:36 PM
1. Steel- Giving a type with resistances to most types another strength offensively? Yeah, Steel is the new Water
2. Poison- Gets a must needed offensive buff
3. Fire- Apparently 5 resistances isn't enough to keep it from being a mediocre defensive type, so maybe 6 will
4. Psychic- Doesn't need another resistance, but it works
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#29EdwardoMario16Posted 5/15/2013 5:59:00 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
ITT: Immunity over a powerful and overused offensive type is bannable

Let's first ban Ghost-type, and then cry moar on a metagame with Dragons roaming free with their Outrages, Draco Meteors, etc and cling on your staple Steel-type to make the game somewhat fun a little

You mean like Gen V isn't like that already? Dragons running all over the place and Steel Types and the obligatory Bulky Waters with Ice moves feebly attempting to stop them? As a result, countless other pokemon are useless?

Yeah, I welcome our new Fairy Overlords.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765