This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you class this as cheating or unfair advantage??

#1jEr3mYPosted 5/13/2013 7:00:55 AM
I'm not trying to start a war or anything... If your opinion differs from mine or others, don't flame me or anything.

Just curious to how far you can go with an AR before it's classed as cheating.....

If you cheat to EV train, ie get 999 Iron/Calcium/etc, and that Wings that give 1 EV for a certain stats... If someones cheated to get heaps of those items, would you class that as cheating.... Given the fact, they still can't go over the EV limit..

What about making a certain Pokemon continually appear so you could EV train for a certain stat....

What about speeding up egg hatching etc...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013
#2kingtracePosted 5/13/2013 7:02:39 AM
No. I consider no "legal" hacking to be cheating in a competitive match. As long as you're only giving your pokemon 510 EVs, moves it can actually obtain, abilities it can actually get, and you're leaving the typing alone, I consider it perfectly fine.
---
Talking about users: ToS Violation
Talking about Smash, inFAMOUS, feminism, and hacking: A-OK
#3Chaos GenesisPosted 5/13/2013 7:03:32 AM
jEr3mY posted...
I'm not trying to start a war or anything... If your opinion differs from mine or others, don't flame me or anything.

Just curious to how far you can go with an AR before it's classed as cheating.....

You're using an AR. It's cheating.

If you cheat to EV train, ie get 999 Iron/Calcium/etc, and that Wings that give 1 EV for a certain stats... If someones cheated to get heaps of those items, would you class that as cheating....

Yes.

What about making a certain Pokemon continually appear so you could EV train for a certain stat....

Yes.

What about speeding up egg hatching etc...

Yes.

Is it an "unfair advantage"? That's arguable; I'd say no. But all this is definitely cheating.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#4snuffles504Posted 5/13/2013 7:03:39 AM
kingtrace posted...
No. I consider no "legal" hacking to be cheating in a competitive match. As long as you're only giving your pokemon 510 EVs, moves it can actually obtain, abilities it can actually get, and you're leaving the typing alone, I consider it perfectly fine.

---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#5KitschgardenerPosted 5/13/2013 7:04:39 AM(edited)
Yes, but I'm generally anti-AR anyhoo. I mean, do Join Avenue Beauty Salons mean nothing to people? All 6(?) Pokémon that they need to EV train.
#6javel34Posted 5/13/2013 7:04:35 AM
I hacked flawless pokes then used them as breeding fodder a few times. I tried hacking a competive team member, but I don't know....I got no joy out of it so I just used it for breeding too lol
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#7jEr3mY(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 7:06:51 AM
kingtrace posted...

Yeah... I wouldn't use a program or anything to make the Pokemon. unless I was super bored and wanted to make the Ultimate Haxmon but wouldn't take it online or anything like that.... breed etc the normal way.. just "cheat" to speed things up.... Don't alter IV's or moves it can't legally learn...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013
#8RethalwolfPosted 5/13/2013 7:07:14 AM
Cheating, in my opinion, means using something not allowed to be used. Since it is possible to get the "perfect pokemon", the difference between creating it and earning it is only the luck in getting perfect IVs, and time put into it.
I'd call it laziness, I'd call it boring, I'd call it ruining the entire concept of training and battling pokemon, but I wouldn't call it cheating.
Hell, I did it myself until I found how boring it was to just "create" the pokemon, when all the charm lies in obtaining them and perfecting them with your own time and sweat. And if someone doesn't care about that charm for themselves, that's their own business. I feel sorry for them, though. I'm not a huge fan of battling people in that Colosseum or whatever it's called, showdown? whatever, because I don't have to work at getting my perfects so I'm not attached to them at all. and because no one puts the time in, so i know none of them care about the individual mons either and just care about winning, which truly takes the fun out of it.
but it's not cheating.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 5/13/2013 7:13:53 AM
Anything where you do something that you couldn't do in the same amount of time in-game is cheating.

Is it an unfair advantage to make an egg hatch in one step? Not if the other guy is dedicated enough to breed for IVs the normal way, which all (non-cheaters) at the VGCs who are actual contenders probably will.

Is it an unfair advantage to EV train by applying 328 items? Definitely not; that probably takes almost as long as perfect EV training (Pokérus + Power items + high-yield Pokémon + Sweet Scent) does.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#10Thepenguinking2Posted 5/13/2013 7:18:14 AM
snuffles504 posted...
kingtrace posted...

---
http://pokebot.everyboty.net/pix/217.jpg best picture to ever face the interwebs.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!