This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you class this as cheating or unfair advantage??

#11kingtracePosted 5/13/2013 7:24:24 AM
At the end of the day, there's no "advantage". People who EV train end up with the same Pokemon as people who hack, hackers just get them much faster. If Ev trainers like to do it, they can, if hackers want to hack, they can.
---
Talking about users: ToS Violation
Talking about Smash, inFAMOUS, feminism, and hacking: A-OK
#12crunchy612Posted 5/13/2013 7:29:33 AM
The only cheat i have on is view ev/iv. And key unlock so that i started the game with challenge mode on.

The rest of my stuff is hard work - eggs hatched, stuff like Kingdra painfully fished from rippling water and whatnot.... Really, if one wants to get into the meta, all one needs is a view ev/iv code and nothing else.
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.
#13AzardeaPosted 5/13/2013 8:46:47 AM
The only cheating I approve of is hacking for event items, so that you could catch Arceus and Darkrai in gen 4, for example.
#14mrchidesPosted 5/13/2013 8:54:14 AM
Unfair advantage, yes. Especially with IVs because breeding is what's tough. Cheating, meh.
#15Brandon042487Posted 5/13/2013 9:30:18 AM
kingtrace posted...
No. I consider no "legal" hacking to be cheating in a competitive match. As long as you're only giving your pokemon 510 EVs, moves it can actually obtain, abilities it can actually get, and you're leaving the typing alone, I consider it perfectly fine.

This sums up my opinion about the topic currently in discussion.
---
<(*-*)>
Official Gogoat of GameFAQs!
#16Masenko86Posted 5/13/2013 10:06:22 AM
A.) It's classify, not class
B.) AR is called a cheat device for a reason, and the codes are called cheat codes for a reason. It's cheating to use it. Period.
C.) It does, imo, give an unfair advantage to hack legitimate stat Pokemon with perfect IVs. It's like taking steroids for a sports event. You take the easy way out by adding in an unnatural factor that makes your Pokemon perform the best its species can perform without putting any effort into it.

Side note: I like battling in competitions, but I'm not a fan of battling people who are lazy and don't take the time earning what they have. I wish they had a check to see if AR was used in any way for each Pokemon and wouldn't allow those to be registered for competitions.
---
"I am the voice of one among the silent who's tired of burning among the flames"
#17AnclationPosted 5/13/2013 10:37:45 AM
kingtrace posted...
No. I consider no "legal" hacking to be cheating in a competitive match. As long as you're only giving your pokemon 510 EVs, moves it can actually obtain, abilities it can actually get, and you're leaving the typing alone, I consider it perfectly fine.

This.
#18CyD13Posted 5/13/2013 11:58:52 AM
Using an AR to get statistically legit Pokémon quickly is morally acceptable. Why wouldn't it be?
---
Posted using GameFlux
#19hellslingerPosted 5/13/2013 12:04:40 PM
Using an AR to get statistically legit Pokémon quickly is morally acceptable. Why wouldn't it be?

Some people are just crazy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6oqZA.jpg
#20BlazingRainPosted 5/13/2013 12:45:09 PM
Chaos Genesis posted...
jEr3mY posted...
I'm not trying to start a war or anything... If your opinion differs from mine or others, don't flame me or anything.

Just curious to how far you can go with an AR before it's classed as cheating.....

You're using an AR. It's cheating.

If you cheat to EV train, ie get 999 Iron/Calcium/etc, and that Wings that give 1 EV for a certain stats... If someones cheated to get heaps of those items, would you class that as cheating....

Yes.

What about making a certain Pokemon continually appear so you could EV train for a certain stat....

Yes.

What about speeding up egg hatching etc...

Yes.

Is it an "unfair advantage"? That's arguable; I'd say no. But all this is definitely cheating.

---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah