This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Three regional Pokedex

#31AnclationPosted 5/13/2013 11:59:33 AM
RaidenHero posted...
Serebii from SPP posted...
We know that the:

Central Karos Pokédex has at least 77 Pokémon in it
Coastal Karos Pokédex has at least 51 Pokémon in it
Mountain Karos Pokédex has at least 6 Pokémon in it

My guess is that overall we will see 200 Pokemon in the Karos Reigon..125 New Pokemon, 75 Old Pokemon

I'd be very surprised if we got that many new Pokemon. Wasn't the talk about how we'd exceed 700 Pokemon with this generation? If they planned on introducing way more than 100 new Pokemon we'd probably be hearing talk of the Pokedex swelling to "almost 800", rather than "over 700". In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the generation with the lowest number of new Pokemon, with less than 100 new ones.
#32FuneralCakePosted 5/13/2013 11:59:52 AM
grovyle48 posted...
So I'm guessing that Karos will be bigger than the other regions.

There might be more to the region than we've seen in the CoroCoro pic. I don't see a whole lot of coastal or mountainous areas, but then again, it's a small picture.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#33jayman7Posted 5/13/2013 12:02:44 PM
Anclation posted...
RaidenHero posted...
We know that the:

My guess is that overall we will see 200 Pokemon in the Karos Reigon..125 New Pokemon, 75 Old Pokemon

I'd be very surprised if we got that many new Pokemon. Wasn't the talk about how we'd exceed 700 Pokemon with this generation? If they planned on introducing way more than 100 new Pokemon we'd probably be hearing talk of the Pokedex swelling to "almost 800", rather than "over 700". In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the generation with the lowest number of new Pokemon, with less than 100 new ones.

"Over 400" turned out to be 493. I think we can safely say there will not be more than 150 new Pokémon, and indeed, even-numbered gens tend to have fewer new Pokémon than odd-numbered gens, but I'm still putting the number at or above 100 if I see no reason to think otherwise.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#34Grand_BluePosted 5/13/2013 12:04:41 PM
How about no more Pokedex so I don't have to catch 649 Pokemon, oh wait they added even more. *facepalm*
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#35jayman7Posted 5/13/2013 12:04:59 PM
FuneralCake posted...
grovyle48 posted...
So I'm guessing that Karos will be bigger than the other regions.

There might be more to the region than we've seen in the CoroCoro pic. I don't see a whole lot of coastal or mountainous areas, but then again, it's a small picture.

Wait wait what? Are you looking at the same picture I am? I see plenty of coastline and mountain, and it's not like the real France is wanting for them either (the Alps go through the southeastern part of France.)
---
#36SakurafanboyPosted 5/13/2013 12:05:19 PM
I do hope for at least 110 new pokemon. And with this, it says the region will be a behemoth so I could see them having room for at least that many new pokemon. Damn, X and Y will be great games.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#37jayman7Posted 5/13/2013 12:06:07 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
How about no more Pokedex so I don't have to catch 649 Pokemon, oh wait they added even more. *facepalm*

Uh... even if they added zero new Pokémon (which would never happen), they'd still have a new regional Pokedex if set in a new region. 9_9
---
#38KitschgardenerPosted 5/13/2013 12:06:28 PM
Magnified region scan:
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/zebeezeb/regionmap_zpsd209a73e.png

I'm guessing the mountains are actually...accessible rather than mere borders like in Unova, given they have a separate dex.
#39P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 5/13/2013 12:08:27 PM
That sounds pretty cool. Karos is shaping up to be a great region
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#40SirPiercePosted 5/13/2013 12:09:20 PM
SirPierce posted...
We know that the:

When you say "at least"...do you know about what it is? I'm just wondering. The numbers you gave put us at at lease 134...which is a decent number. It puts the grand total to at least 783. I can't wait for more news.

Do note the regional Pokédex will include old Pokémon like Eevee and Marill

True. I let my excitement cloud my thoughts and I didn't think of this. Lol.
---
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.