This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mount System replacing HM's? I certainly hope so!

#1Hierarchy225Posted 5/13/2013 11:58:46 AM
I mean I still hope they keep Surf, but I hope this mount system means I no longer have to waste any of my precious 4 move slots on an HM.

Need a boulder removed or rock smashed? Just mount a Metagross. Need to fly? Just mount a Hydreigon/Golurk!
#2NukeleoPosted 5/13/2013 12:01:53 PM
I'd be okay with this. You'd still need strong pokes for moving boulders or flight-capable for flying etc. but you wouldn't have to waste move-slots on this stuff.

And then there's the workhorses. Would Mew still be a fix-all? Would Bidoof? Arceus? TROPIUS?! Tropius almost definitely, but still.
---
Psalm 137:9 is absolutely NOT out of context; read the Bible.
#3Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:05:50 PM(edited)
Nukeleo posted...
I'd be okay with this. You'd still need strong pokes for moving boulders or flight-capable for flying etc. but you wouldn't have to waste move-slots on this stuff.

And then there's the workhorses. Would Mew still be a fix-all? Would Bidoof? Arceus? TROPIUS?! Tropius almost definitely, but still.

I agree it makes a lot of sense, plus it always bothered me that I could mount a Spearow, and it could easily fly me across the region. This pretty much fixes all my problems. Did you see the size of that goat?
#4R0cks0l1ddPosted 5/13/2013 12:06:20 PM
Surf and Waterfall should become tutor moves then because they're actually decent. Strength and Rock Climb weren't bad either.
---
Official everything of every board.
#5SammuthegreatPosted 5/13/2013 12:06:47 PM
Agreed. Why not use their stats and physical characteristics for this? If a Pokemon is big enough, it can be ridden. Its speed will govern how fast you go. If it can swim and is big enough, you can surf it. If it's big enough and can fly... you get the picture.

Rock Smash could be limited to Pokemon with a certain Attack/Sp. Atk stat. So many ways to get rid of the absurdly outdated HM system.
#6jayman7Posted 5/13/2013 12:08:08 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Surf and Waterfall should become tutor moves then because they're actually decent. Strength and Rock Climb weren't bad either.

Or, you know, TMs.

First games in a generation never have Move Tutors aside from starter-only moves and Draco Meteor. And since TMs do the same thing...

I honestly think there shouldn't have been any new Move Tutors in BW2 (they could have expanded the TM list, since TMs were no longer tradable), but whatever.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7R0cks0l1ddPosted 5/13/2013 12:11:21 PM
jayman7 posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...

Or, you know, TMs.

First games in a generation never have Move Tutors aside from starter-only moves and Draco Meteor. And since TMs do the same thing...

I honestly think there shouldn't have been any new Move Tutors in BW2 (they could have expanded the TM list, since TMs were no longer tradable), but whatever.

The only reason I said TMs is because I don't think they've ever wasted TM slots on old moves.
---
Official everything of every board.
#8Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:12:03 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...

These could just become TM's. Like Rock Smash became an HM. I mean its not like TM's can be used up anymore.
#9jayman7Posted 5/13/2013 12:18:02 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
jayman7 posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...

Or, you know, TMs.

The only reason I said TMs is because I don't think they've ever wasted TM slots on old moves.

Rock Smash and Flash. Not to mention the multitude of old moves made into TMs in the fourth gen.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10CyD13Posted 5/13/2013 12:52:34 PM
I think gamefreak is trying to avoid the paradox of forgetting a Pokémon move while you still need to use it (ie while surfing having your Pokémon forget surf).
---
Posted using GameFlux