This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since there've been new Pokemon announced, I've been thinking about my team.

#12wingedangelPosted 5/13/2013 12:07:22 PM
Since I'm most likely getting Fennekin for my starter, I'm not sure if I want the flying type on my team. If Gogoat plays anything like Deerling (very likely, considering they have a common move), that pretty much guarantees it a spot. The other two... I'll wait to see how things play out.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#2themegaman7Posted 5/13/2013 12:17:12 PM(edited)
I'll just wing it like always.

imho planning ahead takes away lot of the excitement.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#3EstheimasterPosted 5/13/2013 12:21:40 PM
You've seen 11, 3 of which are legendaries, 2 are the unobtainable starters, leaving the four from the other day, Sylveon, and your starter. How are you really thinking too much about your team?

I can understand wanting one of them on your team because you like its design, but it's way too early to think about teams. If the first 11 have pleased you so much, then who's the say that the next ~90+ won't please you more?

Only Chespin is sure to land a spot on my team, as it's the starter I like (unless the evolutions are somehow awful, but after Tepig's disappointment I highly doubt that it could get worse). The only thing I'm trying to decide on is whether I'll do a monotype (probably not), plan my team ahead of time, or play it blind and catch Pokemon as I go.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#42wingedangel(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:22:40 PM
themegaman7 posted...
I'll just wing it like always.

imho planning ahead takes away lot of the excitement.

Maybe, but there's still so many Pokemon yet to be revealed.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#5KitschgardenerPosted 5/13/2013 12:23:48 PM
Since I'm most likely getting Fennekin for my starter, I'm not sure if I want the flying type on my team.

Fire is a good offensive type - having Fennekin and the robin is no more redundant than having Tepig and Blitzle in BW, assuming the robin doesn't evolve into a Fire-type.
#6PsychoWolfXPosted 5/13/2013 12:27:23 PM
Fennekin WILL be my starter, there is really no question about that. I plan on getting Sylveon and that electric lizard thing too.