This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Haven't played since Red/Blue; question

#1Acky_316Posted 5/13/2013 11:17:36 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering how the trade system has changed. I see people with their player numbers in their signatures. Is this so you can link up and battle/trade with other people?
#2henriuePosted 5/13/2013 11:19:08 AM
Yes, its a friend code, like a DS IP, so you can communicate directly to your friends, over the internet.
---
I'll have something to write here someday.
#3ecylisPosted 5/13/2013 11:19:24 AM
Yeah, those numbers can be used to connect to another player online and battle or trade with them.

There's also a thing called the GTS where you can trade anything with anybody even if you don't know them, but it's dominated by hacked Pokemon and people asking for things that are impossible to own unless through cheating devices, like a level 1 Mewtwo.
---
http://imgur.com/Tl2zoIY | http://i.imgur.com/nkIs6q9.png
#4Acky_316(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 11:24:00 AM
Thanks, guys! I still haven't decided if I will pick this up. I am looking for some good RPG's to play on my newly-acquired 3dsXL, but games I can just buy from a store. I'd rather not buy from some 3rd-party site or drop more than what a game is worth like the FF games. It doesn't bother me if people consider this a "kiddie" game; the first one I played was actually a very good RPG. I'm also a pretty legit player, as far as hacking and playing the game the way it was meant to be played goes. That being said, are there generally people out there willing to trade starter pokemon to one another? As in, create a separate game from their main to trade starters to others?
#5jayman7Posted 5/13/2013 11:29:31 AM(edited)
Acky_316 posted...
That being said, are there generally people out there willing to trade starter pokemon to one another? As in, create a separate game from their main to trade starters to others?

It's not as important that you do so anymore, since a) you can breed most Pokémon, starters included, and b) you can trade online. I recommend hitting up the trade boards for the games that are actually out (Pokémon X isn't) if you want extra starters or version-exclusives.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6EstheimasterPosted 5/13/2013 11:31:08 AM
Acky_316 posted...
That being said, are there generally people out there willing to trade starter pokemon to one another? As in, create a separate game from their main to trade starters to others?

While some people do get two games for that purpose, you can always breed starters at some point to get more of them as babies on the GTS you can put your Pokemon up and request specifics. You can put up a baby Chespin and ask for a "Fennekin, Level 9 and Under, Female" or you could simply ask for "Froakie, Any Level, Any Gender." Return in a few hours and you may just have had a trade. If you get the game at it's release though, I'm sure there will be less people who are offering their starters because they just got the game, but as time goes on I'm sure people will breed and then put up their extras up for trade. There will be annoying trades requests such as those offering a Lv. 1 Froakie and asking for a Mewtwo and those asking for starters in return for the Route 1 bird, but sometime you get real gems and fair trades (I like offering Elekid for Magby, Bidoof for Rattata and the sorts).

Also, I'm sure there are trade forums out there that people can message each other over and set up specific trades.

If you're looking for good 3DS games, Fire Emblem: Awakening was an amazing SRPG. Despite Kid Icarus: Uprising being my favorite 3DS game, Fire Emblem was a great strategy game that gives it competition.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku