This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game should have a New Game + feature

#1iKhanicPosted 5/13/2013 4:11:58 PM
A lot of RPGs and action games do it, why should pokemon be restricted to a main game and post game?

Here's some ideas:
- You start the game up with all your money
- You can buy ultra balls and other late game items in early stores.
- You start the game with your final team in the previous game, but all of them are at level 2 (except your starter) and in their original forms. Legendaries don't carry over
- Reduce the experience you earn or increase the levels of gym leaders.
- You get to keep all your TMs
- You get to keep all of your pokemon's moves they had at the end of the game
- You start with the national pokedex
- You start with all the HMs

Any of these could make for a really neat feature.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2javel34Posted 5/13/2013 4:14:05 PM
No, they just need an expansive post game. If I want to start a new game ill just buy the other version lol
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#3ArabianPenguinsPosted 5/13/2013 4:15:10 PM
This would be great, along with the ability to have multiple save files.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#4Hughs_RagePosted 5/13/2013 4:16:22 PM
iKhanic posted...
- You start the game with your final team in the previous game, but all of them are at level 2 (except your starter) and in their original forms.

Wouldn't this cause some illegal movesets? Squirtle with Flash Cannon, Charmander with Wing Attack, ect.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
#5EnferolunosPosted 5/13/2013 4:16:55 PM
So you don't keep your pokemon?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6deathbycookiesPosted 5/13/2013 4:17:44 PM
ArabianPenguins posted...
This would be great, along with the ability to have multiple save files.

multiple save files FTW!
---
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 4:21:51 PM
javel34 posted...
No, they just need an expansive post game. If I want to start a new game ill just buy the other version lol

Not everyone has money to buy two versions of a nearly identical game. Also, most games after Gen 1 had a great post game.

Hughs_Rage posted...
iKhanic posted...
- You start the game with your final team in the previous game, but all of them are at level 2 (except your starter) and in their original forms.

Wouldn't this cause some illegal movesets? Squirtle with Flash Cannon, Charmander with Wing Attack, ect.

Maybe they just keep the moves they can learn by level-up. Like with breeding.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#8javel34Posted 5/13/2013 4:23:55 PM
iKhanic posted...
javel34 posted...

Not everyone has money to buy two versions of a nearly identical game. Also, most games after Gen 1 had a great post game.

Hughs_Rage posted...
iKhanic posted...

Yea, wouldn't it either be large post game or a new game +

I personally don't see the appeal in playing through the games over and over, especially the same version.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#9Zadios765Posted 5/13/2013 4:24:44 PM
More than one save file would be cool one for each starter all of the other things I don't know how I feel about that
---
My name is a secret because... It's just cooler that way
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 4:33:24 PM
javel34 posted...
iKhanic posted...
javel34 posted...

Hughs_Rage posted...
iKhanic posted...

Yea, wouldn't it either be large post game or a new game +

I personally don't see the appeal in playing through the games over and over, especially the same version.

I don't think it would be one or the other. A post-game takes a lot of time because it's entirely new game design. New game + is just a few minor adjustments to code that make a game more replayable. I don't think it's necessary though. The very nature of pokemon makes it replayable.
---