This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the alleged Fairy type is SE against Ice...

#1Nintendocore64Posted 5/13/2013 4:35:32 PM
Then what will become of those poor ice types:(
---
Black 2 FC: - 2194 5853 6207
Name: Lefty
#2Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/13/2013 4:36:36 PM
I personally wish for ice to resist flying and dragon attacks.
#3LexifoxPosted 5/13/2013 4:37:07 PM
Ice types were never considered a defensive type, so it's not a spectacular blow. We also don't know what Fairy attacks are going to be like, so they may not be widespread or powerful enough to matter.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4EstheimasterPosted 5/13/2013 4:37:15 PM
Ice types are especially screwed because "Fairy" is good on Dragon, which may cut the usage of some Dragon types, which are Ice type's favorite targets.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#5FierceDeity1026Posted 5/13/2013 4:40:40 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
I personally wish for ice to resist flying and dragon attacks.

I always thought the same thing since a ton of bird casualties occur from birds colliding into windows (I know windows aren't made of ice, but they are both frail, and I can't imagine birds faring too well after flying into a thick sheet of ice).

And ice should resist Dragon type just because =P
#6Xavier_On_HighPosted 5/13/2013 4:50:27 PM
Ice will continue to stomp as an offensive type.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnafhjcUz1qmxswbo1_500.gif
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 5/13/2013 4:51:32 PM
Lexifox posted...
We also don't know what Fairy attacks are going to be like, so they may not be widespread or powerful enough to matter.

I already know.
There will be EXACTLY 0 Fairy type Pokemon and moves.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#8Reborn_SigmaPosted 5/13/2013 5:21:27 PM
Xavier_On_High posted...
Ice will continue to stomp as an offensive type.

Which was never an issue. Ice is a great offensive type... when used by other Pokemon. The problem is the Ice type Pokemon themselves are terrible because the type is terrible defensively, and a weakness to Fairy is only going to make them even worse.
#9jayman7Posted 5/13/2013 5:33:53 PM(edited)
Lexifox posted...
Ice types were never considered a defensive type, so it's not a spectacular blow.

Then why do the so many Ice-types have defensively-oriented stats?

You know, the whole "breaking ice" thing may have been a bit misleading. Maybe it's not so much that Sylveon is super-effective against Ice, but that it resists Ice. Maybepossiblyhaps?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10EdwardoMario16Posted 5/13/2013 5:32:53 PM
Ice-Type weaknesses are not the problem.

The problem with Ice Pokemon is that most of them are designed poorly with bad stat distribution and equally terrible movepools. Many Ice Types have only Ice-Moves and awful coverage alongside them. Weaknesses hasn't stopped Mamoswine from being OU.

Ice-Type is a Glass Cannon type, and it always will be.

What will adding more resistances to a Pokemon like Beartic and Vanilluxe do? They will still suck because the former is slow and the latter has a horrid movepool.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765