This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assuming we can migrate Pokemon, how will Game Freak handle it?

#11Decon082(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 7:21:14 PM
cyberwarrior94 posted...
I'm for a paid app that would allow us to do this, however I do hope the paid DLC will not be event exclusive Pokemon like "buy the new rare XX Pokemon for 3 bucks!" kind of thing. But this app will work and seems to be likely.

I wouldn't mind them having event Pokemon over DLC, as long as they're free like all the Wi-Fi events are. They haven't had any events where we've had to pay so far (unless you count stuff like the Jirachi for pre-ordering Colosseum), and I really hope they don't start now.
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/
#12thiaguinhohpPosted 5/13/2013 7:22:14 PM
I'm totally against anything pokemon related paid app.

Free apps ftw!
---
#VaiCorinthians!! O time do povo vai virar!!
#13erekwashere15Posted 5/13/2013 7:46:00 PM
Infrared
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#14Majora999Posted 5/13/2013 7:55:42 PM
Definitely an app.

>Insert Pokémon Black/White/2.
>Select Pokémon to transfer.
>Remove Pokémon Black/White/2.
>Insert Pokémon X/Y.
>Transfer.
>And good times are had by all.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#15FuzzyJelloPosted 5/13/2013 8:19:09 PM
A 3DS app makes sense. Really hoping for 4th gen transfer- because there is nothing stopping them from doing so, all DS games- but it won't happen, anymore than Pal Park should have been in Gen 5 because the DSlite had already been usurped when HGSS came out, and they had it anyway. I imagine the code would effectively be a copy-paste.
#16ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/13/2013 8:21:40 PM
you have to shove your 3DS in your mouth, your copy of X/Y in your right ear, and your copy of B/W or B2/W2 in your left ear, and attempt to swallow all three objects at once with your respective holes
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#17legendxofxskyPosted 5/13/2013 8:41:49 PM
majora999 posted...
Definitely an app.

>Insert Pokémon Black/White/2.
>Select Pokémon to transfer.
>Remove Pokémon Black/White/2.
>Insert Pokémon X/Y.
>Transfer.
>And good times are had by all.

Well, it would be enticing.

But what if i took out the SD card, found a xport360 program for like the xbox360, find the pokemon data, copy it to my desktop, put the SD card back in my DS, xfer pokemon,

And basically rinse and repeat, accept copying the data from desktop to SD card, and just copy so many, sell the pokemon or give it away so everyone has a F*** ton of ubers so that it just becomes mirror matches.

This is what i'm scared of.

I know ARs can only do 1 specific pokemon or a select amount of codes, but image spawning pokemon at the hundreds, or possibly thousand by the hour.

This is what scares me a bit.... Too many dupes.

Just my two cents, feel free to do whatever you feel like it.
#18Zoramon089Posted 5/13/2013 9:21:31 PM
If it's an app they're not going to charge for it....there's next to no chance of that happening
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689
"Have you actually seen the scene in question? It needs some crackers to go with its cheese." - Poppadop