This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is HGSS Gen 2 or Gen 4?

#11Gold UrsaringPosted 5/13/2013 7:59:44 PM
YourLuck posted...
Isn't it more about the pokemon?

Mechanics are bigger. Feraligatr is able to flourish as a Physical Sweeper. The GTS is available in the course of the maingame.

wolf rider posted...
What about the horrible pokemon distribution and levelling?

In that case I guess they belong to Gen III.

RS had 200 of 386 Pokemon, missing every previous legendary and a whole lot of fan favorites. Colosseum was mostly Gen II Pokemon. At least, FRLG gave us a surprise with the new Sevii Islands. Emerald was predictable with the GSC Pokemon missing from FRLG and Ditto. XD probably had the best distribution of Pokemon that generation.

HGSS had a better distribution than most Gen III. It even improved on the distribution of Gen II, something that Gen III had actually done.
#12MagikarpRulesPosted 5/13/2013 8:02:03 PM
I really want to believe this is is a serious topic, but from TC's posts it indeed seems as a vehicle to bash HG/SS.

By the way, they fall in Gen IV's territory. I don't know how anyone could really think they are Gen 2 when they have the same game mechanics as D/P/Pt.
#13wolf rider(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 8:10:57 PM(edited)
Alright, I admit I laid the bashing on a bit too thick, but I'm serious about knowing which Gen it belongs to.

Like a previous poster said, if HGSS belongs to Gen 4, it would seem a lot of the 2 > 4 topics and posts wouldn't make sense, though I never played GS.

Also, if it was well and truly a Gen 4 game, why didn't GF fix the levelling, and possibly rebalance the pokemon distribution?

Edit: spelling and grammar.
#14EnferolunosPosted 5/13/2013 8:06:14 PM
wolf rider posted...
Alright, I admit I laid the bashing on a bit too think, but I'm serious about knowing which Gen it belongs to.

Like a previous poster said, if HGSS belongs to Gen 4, a lot of the 2 > 4 topics and posts wouldn't make sense I would've thought, though I never played GS.

Also, if it was well and truely a Gen 4 game, why didn't GF fix the levelling, and possibly rebalance the pokemon distribution?

That doesn't make sense
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you