This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if gyms focused on a particular strategy rather than type?

#1Scott1187Posted 5/14/2013 12:16:15 AM
I'd like to see this. No gym would be type based (though some may have a preference towards certain types just because of their strategy). Instead, each gym would focus on a different type of strategy or variation of battling. One gym might be a Double battle gym and have pokemon of different types that complement each other in double battles. One gym might focus strongly on defense. They would be rather weak offensively, maybe relying on things like Toxic to wear you down, while being very hard to crack. Another gym might try to keep you constantly confused and raise your attack with Swagger or some new moves to make you cause as much damage to yourself as possible. There could be a gym that just uses pokemon with no type weaknesses (Eelektross, Sabeleye, Spiritomb, some new 6th gen pokemon). There are many different ways these could go.

Thoughts?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
#2BountyanPosted 5/14/2013 12:19:51 AM
I would like this. Just because the game is for kids it doesn't mean the boss battles should be dirt easy with basic rock paper scissor strategies.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#3Zero97Posted 5/14/2013 12:21:49 AM
Bountyan posted...
I would like this. Just because the game is for kids it doesn't mean the boss battles should be dirt easy with basic rock paper scissor strategies.

Game is for all, all includes Kids, game isn't just for kids, wanted to point this out.

but I agree, the gym leaders are getting easier.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#4legendxofxskyPosted 5/14/2013 12:25:23 AM
The problem is that they want the kids to feel like a pokemon master, so they make the gym battles "easy", like how ash is in the anime.
#5kirbydude385Posted 5/14/2013 12:25:43 AM
why not both?

for example my friend made up a dark gym that revolves around Fling
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#6Zero97Posted 5/14/2013 12:29:16 AM(edited)
legendxofxsky posted...
The problem is that they want the kids to feel like a pokemon master, so they make the gym battles "easy", like how ash is in the anime.

which is why I think they should add two modes, no need for easy mode, normal and challenge are enough and would please many.

they could also decrease the obey level in challange mode, something I'd love.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#7legendxofxskyPosted 5/14/2013 12:31:47 AM
zerokandery posted...
legendxofxsky posted...

which is why I think they should add two modes, no need for easy mode, normal and challenge are enough and would please many.

they could also decrease the obey level in challange mode, something I'd love.

I would love if they made a Hardcore Mode.

Where your pokemon HP gets cut in half, and any pokemon you have will be temporary be set to lvl 50 while activated. (You lvl up normally, but says at lvl 50 stats.) so basically you play the entire pokemon game like a gamemode in pokemon. XD