This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Map discussion.

#1javel34Posted 5/14/2013 4:43:05 AM
What stands out to you?

That big purple stone in the river looks bizarre. Also see a statue/Stonehenge looking area in the northwest area. Lots of castles ^_^

"Paris" is huge.

I'm willing to bet we will have an ice gym.

I can't see where the E4 would be though, the area above "Paris" doesn't really seem like it would be it. Perhaps it's hidden or not included though.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#2crunchy612Posted 5/14/2013 4:45:15 AM
that middle area will be the mascot's place.calling it now
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.
#3MoordenPosted 5/14/2013 4:46:03 AM
I think the E4 is in the castle below the snowy area. It looks to be accessed from a cave, and walled from the rest of the area, like most are.
#4jEr3mYPosted 5/14/2013 4:46:25 AM
I'm curious to know what will be in the cave that's in the ocean near the desert area....

But the lack of sea routes is sad... I liked exploring sea routes and finding caves to explore..
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013
#5SilverSaint7Posted 5/14/2013 4:47:55 AM
On the far left there's something that kinda looks like Stonehenge?
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnCZgwQ.gif
#6javel34(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 4:49:37 AM
SilverSaint7 posted...
On the far left there's something that kinda looks like Stonehenge?

Upon first glance I thought it was. Zooming in though it looks like three statues. The big boulder north of them is strange too
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#7Frenchy_pants31Posted 5/14/2013 4:51:43 AM
You know that cloudy part at the end seems like a tree while those brown stuff over the region looks like roots
---
I'm Viridipalm's alt. If you give me a Lava Cookie...I'll Viridify it!
Black FC:4814-6818-1239
#8XazealPosted 5/14/2013 4:52:52 AM(edited)
I'm wondering if stonehenge-ish area is the starting village? There are two houses there (I know there would be more in the actual game, but it seems to signify that it's small), and there's a slightly larger village near it.

I also don't see many other candidates for a typical starting village, unless they do a bigger one again.
#9DarkDragon386Posted 5/14/2013 4:57:32 AM
http://www.serebii.net/karos.jpg

(Map from serebii.net)

I counted fourteen places where I think cities/towns would probably be

It looks like we have a big wind farm in the north part of the region, which I suspected upon the first trailer.

A good amount of rivers is nice.

I'd think that part in the northeast covered by clouds may be the E4 or an Unknown Dungeon like place.

We have quite a few bridges. I doubt many, if any will be the grandiose bridges we got in Unova.

It looks like there is a clock treehouse in the northern most town

I see entry slots in 4 of the mountains

There's a stonehenge like monument on the western part of Kalos.

There's an island in the northwest, surrounded by rocks. You probably would ride a boat there.

A mansion extends out into the river in the midwest part of the region.

There's definitely a lot I didn't mention. Overall, this looks like a pretty fun region on first glance.

Well, I just made a topic about this like 3 minutes after yours.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#10R0cks0l1ddPosted 5/14/2013 4:57:44 AM
Top left covered in clouds looks like it could be Victory Road and the Pokemon League.
---
Official everything of every board.