This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People seem to be forgetting one of the bigger issues...

#1Dark_Link92Posted 5/14/2013 6:21:23 AM
Everyone's all happy and blinded by the new stuff, me included, but isn't anyone else concerned that all this stuff is essentially hiding the exact same bland, getting very stale formula? BW had a great plot, for sure, but it still fit exactly within the "same old Pokemon" structure.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#2fuzi11Posted 5/14/2013 6:22:39 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
Everyone's all happy and blinded by the new stuff, me included, but isn't anyone else concerned that all this stuff is essentially hiding the exact same bland, getting very stale formula? BW had a great plot, for sure, but it still fit exactly within the "same old Pokemon" structure.

and? If you no like then no buy. I like I buy.
#3Solar_CrimsonPosted 5/14/2013 6:23:28 AM(edited)
At this point, that formula IS Pokemon. Just like how going through worlds to rescue Peach from Bowser is Mario, and going through temples to get the artifacts needed to defeat Ganon/whatever evil is around to save the land is Zelda.

However, they can easily mix things up a bit, like they did with BW (BW2 was more "by-the-books").
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#4Great_ReapettePosted 5/14/2013 6:23:28 AM
Please.
We can sit on benches.

Benches will be a key part of the plot.
It can't be denied.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#5EstheimasterPosted 5/14/2013 6:26:05 AM
I found BW refreshing, and if anything it was B2W2 that were old (but aren't all remakes anyway?) but I liked them both.

This has already made a complete graphical overhaul. It's almost like the shift from Final Fantasy VI to VII- the gameplay wasn't completely overhauled (still ATB, but spells learned with Materia instead of Espers) but the graphics and innovations made VII an instant classic.

Anyway, fans have been wanting these aesthetic enhancements for ages, so they're getting their wish of changing it up. Bland, stale formula? What, do you want Pokemon to suddenly use an ATB system or fight Street Fighter style? If you don't like Pokemon's formula, then you should play a different game.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#6Shadow_StarWolfPosted 5/14/2013 6:27:12 AM
Are you the same person saying playing Pokemon RB will give you the same experience as playing Pokemon BW?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#7Dark_Link92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 6:32:33 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
Are you the same person saying playing Pokemon RB will give you the same experience as playing Pokemon BW?

Not at all. I love RBY as much as the next guy, but they have undeniably aged horribly.

I'd just like something other than "Get 8 badges, stop the evil team along the way, become the champion". Colosseum had no gyms and that worked well. I'm sure they could find something else if they tried.
---
#8Great_ReapettePosted 5/14/2013 6:34:21 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
I'd just like something other than "Get 8 badges, stop the evil team along the way, become the champion". Colosseum had no gyms and that worked well. I'm sure they could find something else if they tried.

Get 8 badges, stop the evil team along the way, become the champion, become the king/queen of the region by sitting on every bench
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#9Dark_Link92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 6:37:05 AM
That should be a medal- assuming that system comes back.
"Benchspotting"- sit on every bench.
---
#10shagohad3Posted 5/14/2013 6:37:23 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

Not at all. I love RBY as much as the next guy, but they have undeniably aged horribly.

Yeah and Colosseum was a short game if not for grinding and purififying the shadow pokemon.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!