This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starter's Evo's Types

#1EstheimasterPosted 5/14/2013 5:43:08 AM
Since Pokebeach's leaks are now becoming more legitimate, let's look at starter's types. We wanted (some of) them, so let's see how they look.

Grass/Fighting:
Resists: Water, Electric, Grass, Ground, Rock, Dark
Weak (x2): Fire, Ice, Poison, Psychic
Weak (x4): Flying

That's awful for defense, especially with the possibility of a surge of Fire and Psychic types to oppose Fairy Types. However, Breloom does to fairly well with it and it does resist the common Electric and Ground.

Water/Dark:
Immune: Psychic
Resists: Fire, Water, Ice, Ghost, Dark, Steel
Weak (x2): Electric, Grass, FIghting, Bug

Not too bad. It has some handy resistances, albeit not the best. Electric and Fighting weaknesses are a nuisance, but Fighting may be nerfed a little with the Fairy type. It shares this with Sharpedo, but Sharpedo was always extremely frail

Fire/Psychic:
Resists: Fire, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Psychic, Steel
Weak (x2): Water, Ground, Rock, Ghost, Dark

A mixed bag here. Useful Fighting, Ice, Steel, Fire, and Psychic resistances (since the last three may become more common to defeat Fairies). However, it does have the typical Fire weaknesses and suffers from Dark and Ghost now. Not too bad, but it's not too different from most other Fire types.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#2javel34Posted 5/14/2013 5:46:00 AM
If its true I may have to pick fennekin. Hopefully psychics get a boost this gen.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#3Frenchy_pants31Posted 5/14/2013 5:47:47 AM
I knew fennekin got potential
---
I'm Viridipalm's alt. If you give me a Lava Cookie...I'll Viridify it!
Black FC:4814-6818-1239
#4javel34Posted 5/14/2013 5:48:58 AM
Frenchy_pants31 posted...
I knew fennekin got potential

Froakie is gonna resist it completely though :(
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#5RethalwolfPosted 5/14/2013 5:52:10 AM
Honestly as long as the evos look good or follow a good theme, I'll be happy.
Can't say I'm not displeased with two of my favorite types being on a starter, but also three of my favorite type combos being on three of the starters, and inability to choose kicks in.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#6SammuthegreatPosted 5/14/2013 5:52:43 AM
Estheimaster posted...

Fire/Psychic:

Don't forget that if the rumours are true, Fairy is super-effective against Fighting, Dragon and Dark, and not very effective against Fire and Psychic. So Froakie and Chespin will each have 2x weaknesses to Fairy, and Fennekin will have a 4x resistance.
#7EvolutionUberPosted 5/14/2013 5:53:04 AM
Fire>Fire/Fighting>Fire/Fighting
Grass>Fire/Grass>Fire/Fighting
Water>Water/Fighting>Fire/Fighting
---
ANZ's most hated
#8Great_ReapettePosted 5/14/2013 5:54:01 AM
EvolutionUber posted...
Fire>Fire/Fighting>Fire/Fighting
Grass>Fire/Grass>Fire/Fighting
Water>Water/Fighting>Fire/Fighting

I support dis 100.5%.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#9Estheimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 5:54:23 AM
Sammuthegreat posted...
Estheimaster posted...

Fire/Psychic:

Don't forget that if the rumours are true, Fairy is super-effective against Fighting, Dragon and Dark, and not very effective against Fire and Psychic. So Froakie and Chespin will each have 2x weaknesses to Fairy, and Fennekin will have a 4x resistance.

Good point. That'll make Fennekin a good anti-Fairy Pokemon, but it's common weakness will trouble it. Now that's real balance.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#10SammuthegreatPosted 5/14/2013 6:00:51 AM
Estheimaster posted...
Sammuthegreat posted...
Estheimaster posted...

Fire/Psychic:

Good point. That'll make Fennekin a good anti-Fairy Pokemon, but it's common weakness will trouble it. Now that's real balance.

Yep. Really liking the look of the Fairy type so far, especially in terms of the balance it could bring.

Also worth bearing in mind that the Pokebeach source states the first two Gyms are Bug and Fairy, followed by Fighting as the 4th Gym. Fennekin is looking like a really good bet thus far - strong against Bug and Fighting, and resists Fairy.