This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starter's Evo's Types

#11Rogue MuttPosted 5/14/2013 7:02:23 AM
I really don't like this rumor. I'm all for the secondary types creating another triangle, but why the hell would you not make it so that secondary type allows the starter to defend itself against the type it was originally weak to? Instead we'd get a triangle that just reinforces the original?

It just doesn't make any sense.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#12Estheimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 7:03:11 AM
Sammuthegreat posted...
Estheimaster posted...
Sammuthegreat posted...
Estheimaster posted...

Fire/Psychic:
Resists: Fire, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Psychic, Steel
Weak (x2): Water, Ground, Rock, Ghost, Dark

Don't forget that if the rumours are true, Fairy is super-effective against Fighting, Dragon and Dark, and not very effective against Fire and Psychic. So Froakie and Chespin will each have 2x weaknesses to Fairy, and Fennekin will have a 4x resistance.

Good point. That'll make Fennekin a good anti-Fairy Pokemon, but it's common weakness will trouble it. Now that's real balance.

Yep. Really liking the look of the Fairy type so far, especially in terms of the balance it could bring.

Also worth bearing in mind that the Pokebeach source states the first two Gyms are Bug and Fairy, followed by Fighting as the 4th Gym. Fennekin is looking like a really good bet thus far - strong against Bug and Fighting, and resists Fairy.

So let's hope that Froakie's second stage is a pure water type before reaching stage 3, because if not Froakie is in for a hurting!
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#13RethalwolfPosted 5/14/2013 7:03:42 AM
Rogue Mutt posted...
I really don't like this rumor. I'm all for the secondary types creating another triangle, but why the hell would you not make it so that secondary type allows the starter to defend itself against the type it was originally weak to? Instead we'd get a triangle that just reinforces the original?

It just doesn't make any sense.

ITP: Triangles have four points lawlz
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."