This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, full on Trainer Customization is confirmed

#11BurningFlareXPosted 5/14/2013 7:55:54 AM
Hopefully, it won't be like "Play online this many times" or "Earn 4 trainer card stars" to obtain some stupid random clothing. Simple stuff like "Obtain 50 Pokemon" or "Complete the Kalos Dex." would work fine for me. It would still suck if you had to go through the "Battle this or that" madness, or a new facility like contests to obtain clothes.
As long as the unlock conditions aren't ridiculous, I'll be perfectly happy with this.
---
I hate everything.
#12PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 7:57:44 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Haku125 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
it's too bad you can't just have all the clothes ready at the start basically you have to sink significant time in the game to get everything.

Yea so? I honestly dont see why people are trying to be so negative about this. You were wrong the first time.

when i play dragon quest ix i was given far more then 6 presents
there was a least 20 something.
basically casual players will only get acess to presets most likely.
and yes casual players would likely care what there character looks like.
if your gonna give us a set of presets make it more then 3 is all im saying.

And all of those became useless or outclassed in looks after the first hour of the game.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Comic Zone(Sega Genesis)
#13DarkKirby2500Posted 5/14/2013 8:02:06 AM(edited)
Where is the proof of customization beyond the 3 pictures of each gender?

I am assuming I missed something but TC didn't post where he got the info.

Edit: Was just at Serebii. Clothes and accessories.

---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#14PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:02:16 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Zoramon089 posted...
Being able to change all your clothes isn't full on?

Nope. Changing clothes is easy, and clothes aren't what make a character. That's something people do in real life. What's much more involved and much more significant is changing the actual character themselves. Skin color, hair color and style, eye color, height, body proportions, fat percentage, muscle percentage, facial features, etc. Those little Mii things are more customizable than these characters. What we're seeing is outfit customization, not customization of the characters themselves.

I can agree with this. It was annoying in DQ9 to not make my character fat or muscular when I played it.

Though to be honest, and maybe it's just optimistic, it's not like they've flat out said that the 3 options at the beginning are all there is. Hell, seeing as how the 3DS uses Mii's, it's totally not out of the realm of possibility that we could use those as well for our characters. Animal Crossing for the Mii did it and so did a few Mario games.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Comic Zone(Sega Genesis)
#15DarkDragon386Posted 5/14/2013 8:06:37 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
I would hardly call this "full on". Rather, it could be generously described as "basic". Not that I'm unhappy. I love it. But it's just a first attempt with massive room for growth, rather than the end of the story.

Yeah, I like it. But, I am predicting the clothing is more of a preset outfit kind of deal rather than mix and matching clothes.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#16SMASHKING84Posted 5/14/2013 8:09:40 AM
you should be able to give other players clothes that way when i gather clothes i can transfer them to my second copy so my second player can where the clothes i want early on.
---
Pokemon Black 2 4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TuOa40N7hw