This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D This game needs multiple save files

#1Superlinkbros89Posted 5/14/2013 6:41:07 AM
Topic
---
Not changing this sig until a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel is announced. Started: 01/01/2013
#2RethalwolfPosted 5/14/2013 6:42:56 AM
D, it doesn't "need" them.
C, they would be neato.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#3SammuthegreatPosted 5/14/2013 6:45:15 AM
Rethalwolf posted...
D, it doesn't "need" them.
C, they would be neato.

This. It doesn't "need" them in that I've always managed with only 1 file on each game.

It does seem daft not to have more than 1 in this day and age though. I know it's to encourage people to buy both versions, but still. Just about every other game known to man has multiple saves.
#4ZabuzadonoPosted 5/14/2013 6:45:45 AM
C - with a shared box system once you become the Champion.

i.e. Save files 1, 2 &3 have their "personal" boxes (say, 15 boxes), and the "global" boxes that can hold upwards of 1000 pokemon
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#5Haku125Posted 5/14/2013 6:48:02 AM
Hope so!!!
---
Superbot: Oh you want us to nerf Sackboy? Here why don't we break the game for you!
#6Darkwolf BloodsbanePosted 5/14/2013 6:49:52 AM
Definitely. I like to replay my games, but I don't want to lose all of the pokemon that I've collected in my first playthrough.

I still haven't replayed Diamond because I only have one DS.
---
Leather doesn't really suit me...unless it's lingerie. - Katythefr3ak
#7RethalwolfPosted 5/14/2013 6:50:24 AM
What I want is a trade-back system, where you trade mons the automatically drop off their held items and then are traded back.
Also the ability to have at least two files, a shared box, and the ability to trade between the two for those mons.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#8Defender31415Posted 5/14/2013 7:00:22 AM
Zabuzadono posted...

i.e. Save files 1, 2 &3 have their "personal" boxes (say, 15 boxes), and the "global" boxes that can hold upwards of 1000 pokemon

Would that mean that you could transfer between save files? If so, how would that be affected by obedience restrictions?
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), Eremos (Sandslash), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra)
#9ZabuzadonoPosted 5/14/2013 7:42:56 AM
Defender31415 posted...
Zabuzadono posted...

Would that mean that you could transfer between save files? If so, how would that be affected by obedience restrictions?

After you beat the Champion, all traded pokemon obey...

You would have to unlock it in all save files (must not have been clear in my original post).
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#10Defender31415Posted 5/14/2013 8:06:58 AM
Zabuzadono posted...
Defender31415 posted...
Zabuzadono posted...

After you beat the Champion, all traded pokemon obey...

You would have to unlock it in all save files (must not have been clear in my original post).

It wasn't clear at first, but it is now. C!
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), Eremos (Sandslash), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra)