This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All that's left to make X and Y the perfect Pokemon games is non-linearity

#1SakurafanboyPosted 5/14/2013 7:54:09 AM
and sidequests.

Add those 2 things and they'd be absolutely perfect Pokemon games (though being able to ride Gogoat outside of Lumiose and having pokemon walk behind you when not riding Gogoat would be neat). Also bring back Vs. Seeker, you ****ers.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#2javel34Posted 5/14/2013 7:54:53 AM
And kanto
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#3TranquilSeaPosted 5/14/2013 7:56:08 AM
I just hope this game won't be two steps forward and one step back.
---
why Leafs why...
#4Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/14/2013 7:59:50 AM
Third version (or sequel or whatever) will be the one you want. This definitely will leave out Battle Facility and stuff so even if every new thing is REALLY good, you still won't get a definitive experience from it.

Unless, of course, they surprise us this time. Still no following Pokemon anyway (or make it optional, for haters)
#5SMASHKING84Posted 5/14/2013 8:02:10 AM
the map looked like it would work well for this.

what they should do is let you get any of the 8 badges in any order but you need all 8 to get to the elite four. and each town has it's own self contained plot line.
---
Pokemon Black 2 4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TuOa40N7hw
#6wafflesrock42Posted 5/14/2013 8:06:53 AM
Looking at the map of the region, it looks to me like it won't be as linear as the other games. They're really focusing on Lumiose city, so I think being in Lumiose is going to play a big role in this game, and if you look at the map that they showed, you can se a lot of branching paths from Lumiose, so I'm thinking that once you get to Lumiose, you can take any of the branching paths?

Also, yes to the Vs. Seeker.
#7SvenshinhanPosted 5/14/2013 8:10:59 AM
I think a good way to combine non-linearity and side quests would be to have a substantial post-game with more new areas and cities to explore than we've gotten in previous generations.

It would be refreshing if there was a point in the main story where you can branch off in maybe 2-3 different directions and do a few gyms in different orders. They could even adjust the levels dynamically, depending on which gym you beat first.

But I honestly don't see them doing that. (for storytelling reasons, mostly)
---
Hakuna Matata
#8DontBeHeroPosted 5/14/2013 8:15:18 AM
after seeing the new trailer, the things im worried about now is how incredibly slow the MC walks, look at the girl like 3/4 in the video when shes walking under the bridge the walking speed looks to be agonizing, especially when playing for a while. I know u can use a bike(idk if its still implemented) or the riding pokemon (also idk when it can be used). There will be majority of times when your walking,

Also the in-game battles look extremely slow with those annoying swaying pan shots with what looks to be randomized camera angles? Also after having a good look at screen shots compared to trailer, it looks the the video is rendered as the pics in game quality looks pretty bad (at least it seems to be).

Hopefully im wrong and not over thinking but geez, i really hate slow game play and hope its not in this game,
---
PSN: DontBeHero