This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait a second! If we have customization does that mean that...

#1Dark_ZoroarkPosted 5/14/2013 11:19:43 AM
For the first time in the game we could play as we really are and not some given name character. Does that mean that the name we give to our player will be canon no matter what?
---
ATTN: This user is forbidden to post forever, its account will be Banned in 3 days.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548
#2Chaos GenesisPosted 5/14/2013 11:20:30 AM
Dark_Zoroark posted...
For the first time in the game we could play as we really are and not some given name character. Does that mean that the name we give to our player will be canon no matter what?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Every single name is canon.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#3FuneralCakePosted 5/14/2013 11:20:31 AM
What?

We don't even know the extent of the customization.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#4scrappybristolPosted 5/14/2013 11:20:51 AM
Choose your own adventure, Mikey.
---
This sig is significant
#5HejiruPosted 5/14/2013 11:23:07 AM
Dark_Zoroark posted...

It's always been that way.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#6Dark_Zoroark(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 11:24:54 AM
Hejiru posted...
Dark_Zoroark posted...

No, the previous game had a name for each:

-Red
-Ethan
-Brendan
-Lucas
-Hilbert
-Nate
---
ATTN: This user is forbidden to post forever, its account will be Banned in 3 days.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548
#7RuwalkPosted 5/14/2013 11:26:27 AM
Agreed, the name thing has always been canon. Now, what I'm curious about is how much customization there will be. On the website they show three different skin/eye/hair combos for each hero to pick from. It's too early to tell if that's all we get or if there will be more.

I won't care either way, kudos to game freak for taking a step in this direction visually.
#8HejiruPosted 5/14/2013 11:28:12 AM
Dark_Zoroark posted...
Hejiru posted...
Dark_Zoroark posted...

-Red
-Ethan
-Brendan
-Lucas
-Hilbert
-Nate

What makes you think these guys don't have names? We just don't know them yet.
Just because there's a default name doesn't change the fact that the trainer is supposed to be your avatar.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#9Capitan_KidPosted 5/14/2013 11:30:40 AM
Dark_Zoroark posted...
Hejiru posted...
Dark_Zoroark posted...

-Red
-Ethan
-Brendan
-Lucas
-Hilbert
-Nate

What makes you think only the male is canon?
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#10SlimeStackPosted 5/14/2013 11:33:37 AM
Placeholder or "canon" names will always exist so that the opposite gendered character can appear as an NPC.
---
Moo