This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does Fairy type resist?

#11ryudin89Posted 5/14/2013 10:25:53 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
http://pokejungle.net/2013/05/11/more-fairy-type-rumours/

"weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it"

I don't understand why it would be super effective against Dark but not very effective to Psychic.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#12HejiruPosted 5/14/2013 10:26:04 AM
TheEighthSage posted...
If one interprets Pokemon Smash's skit to mean anything, "strong against" ice might mean resistant. That's what I want to believe at least lol

Fairy is already sure to be OU and now it resists Ice?
RIP Ice-type
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#13Ari917Posted 5/14/2013 10:27:50 AM
Hejiru posted...
TheEighthSage posted...
If one interprets Pokemon Smash's skit to mean anything, "strong against" ice might mean resistant. That's what I want to believe at least lol

RIP Ice-type

It's officially the Flareon of typings.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#14ryudin89Posted 5/14/2013 10:28:32 AM
Ari917 posted...
Hejiru posted...
TheEighthSage posted...

RIP Ice-type

Then what's poison and grass?
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#15Slayerblade11(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 10:30:23 AM
ryudin89 posted...
Ari917 posted...
Hejiru posted...
TheEighthSage posted...

RIP Ice-type

Both are way better than Ice.
#16kingjam1Posted 5/14/2013 10:36:12 AM
Slayerblade11 posted...
ryudin89 posted...
Ari917 posted...
Hejiru posted...
TheEighthSage posted...

RIP Ice-type

Both are way better than Ice.

Better than ice as a defensive type. Ice is still a top tier attacking type. Ice Beam FTW.
---
Can't think of anything
#17EdwardoMario16Posted 5/14/2013 10:42:47 AM
Nothing it seems.

It has one (very useful) immunity, and that's it.

As a for fair trade off, for one immunity to the most powerful offensive type in the game, it gets no resistances. Fairy will have to be paired with another type to get resistances.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#18Slayerblade11(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 10:45:08 AM
Better than ice as a defensive type. Ice is still a top tier attacking type. Ice Beam FTW.

It being a good attacking type is negated since nearly every water type and their mom gets Ice Beam while being better defensively.
#19reaverzPosted 5/14/2013 10:55:29 AM
Based on its Poison and Steel weaknesses and Dragon immunity being for the most part decided based on the type chart's issues, I think that if Fairy does end up having resistances that Fighting and Ice will be two of them since they're considered such great types offensively.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#20TheJester2Posted 5/14/2013 10:57:53 AM
Slayerblade11 posted...

It being a good attacking type is negated since nearly every water type and their mom gets Ice Beam while being better defensively.

So Ice being good offensively is negated by something that is good defensively and doesn't get STAB with Ice?

Yes, that makes perfect sense...
---
"We were going to a funeral, but it looks like we got buried." -J.R. Smith
PSN: Whsguy