This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: You inexplicably lose it and...

#71evillockePosted 5/17/2013 8:38:50 AM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
evillocke posted...
Hmmm....

may.

May's design is pretty cute, but she's probably not legal :(

She is one of my favorite female MCs, though, so I can totally understand.

According to me, she is 17 today if she was like 9 back then. Perfectly legal.
---
Fairy will not be a new type, so stop asking for it.
There is a 0% chance of Fairy type happening.
#72VampLordAdamaruPosted 5/17/2013 8:44:53 AM
evillocke posted...
evillocke posted...
Hmmm....

may.

May's design is pretty cute, but she's probably not legal :(

She is one of my favorite female MCs, though, so I can totally understand.

According to me, she is 17 today if she was like 9 back then. Perfectly legal.

Considering she had boobs in the show, as did Misty, they were probably AT LEAST 12-13. So they would probably be closer to 20-22 by now if they aged accurately. And, if speculation by most fans is correct, they would actually be closer to 15-16 in the show, making them closer to 23-25 now, were they to age correctly...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#73sonicfanaticjtb(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 9:04:15 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...

Considering she had boobs in the show, as did Misty, they were probably AT LEAST 12-13. So they would probably be closer to 20-22 by now if they aged accurately. And, if speculation by most fans is correct, they would actually be closer to 15-16 in the show, making them closer to 23-25 now, were they to age correctly...

Advanced started with May just then going to get her first pokémon, so she was more than likely 10.

If I recall, the 3rd movie confirms that Misty's a fare bit younger than Brock, so there's also that.

All that being said, I can totally dig 'em being in their 20s. Past the self-destructive teenage phase? Yes please!
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#74evillockePosted 5/17/2013 9:09:47 AM

Advanced started with May just then going to get her first pokémon, so she was more than likely 10.

If I recall, the 3rd movie confirms that Misty's a fare bit younger than Brock, so there's also that.

All that being said, I can totally dig 'em being in their 20s. Past the self-destructive teenage phase? Yes please!

Yay 20's!

*Is 14*

:(
---
Fairy will not be a new type, so stop asking for it.
There is a 0% chance of Fairy type happening.
#75VampLordAdamaruPosted 5/17/2013 9:18:53 AM

Bear in mind, that's the dub, and dubs for shows like Pokemon frequently lower the characters' ages to make them more appealing to the target demographic, I.E., young kids.

Take Rebecca from Yu-Gi-Oh! for example: when she is first introduced in the dub, she is 8. In the sub, she is... Guess how old? 12. Yes, she is 12 in the sub. A while four-year difference. While that may not be a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, a four-year difference in age is pretty significant for a character's age...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#76sonicfanaticjtb(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 12:42:04 PM

Bear in mind, that's the dub, and dubs for shows like Pokemon frequently lower the characters' ages to make them more appealing to the target demographic, I.E., young kids.

Take Rebecca from Yu-Gi-Oh! for example: when she is first introduced in the dub, she is 8. In the sub, she is... Guess how old? 12. Yes, she is 12 in the sub. A while four-year difference. While that may not be a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, a four-year difference in age is pretty significant for a character's age...

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Japanese version differs from the dub as far as age...
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#77TheMightyGuardiPosted 5/17/2013 12:52:27 PM
They're MINE, all mine, BACK OFF!!!!!!.
---
Official landorus-t of the pokemon X board, I am also the anti-hero of gamefaqs.
Official husband of all the pokegirls, I don't care what you say.
#78Alphox99Posted 5/17/2013 12:54:29 PM
Back off evillocke and TherianGuardian, may belongs to me.
---
MY NAME IS ALPHOXNEINTYNEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MdW_fl4iwNQ
#79MetaFalconPunchPosted 5/17/2013 12:55:46 PM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
It basically began while travelling on my lonesome..i stepped into Mistralton city for a relief. Upon scoping my eyesight on the magnificent scenery..something even more so caught my eyes. I saw a bright red flash in the corner of my eyes. A red so violently beautiful i thought my eyeballs imploded. Then a relief of lustrous, sparkling, watery blue eyes, a blue i would describe as the wonderful ocean and spacious sky creating a love child with each other. I never seen i vision of something so rare...it was right there yet i still still had to stare. I was almost, frozen in fear. A standoff between a snarling tiger and shivering fear-stricken prey. I don't know how long i was staring, must have felt like ages but somewhere during that time span, she caught me red handed...i finally realized she was staring back..it was something vicious as opposed to my innocent look of infatuation. Two flaming auroras face to face.. Even so, i just felt a mutual bond forming between us. It was almost at this moment that we became one, united. Though nothing was said, i finally snapped back into concious and picked up where i left off.. Now that i think about it, i have no idea where i was heading but then now, i had a new thought and objective in my mind...her. Ever since this moment, She, this wonderful mystery girl could not escape my mind. The hard stare she implanted in my mind was permanently etched in my mind. And i'm pretty sure it was likewise for her... i just knew she felt the same. I turned back around and she seemed awfully distracted. Her head to the ground, kind of blushing, and from what i could tell she could not, for the life of her, focus on what her flight attendents were telling here. Suddenly she just bolted off, yelling something like "Sorry this is not a good time!". That was it. I had to make this girl mind..whatever it takes. All the previous doubts i had on myself were gone..at this moment, God told me that when i die, it will be because he required his loving heart and soul to be returned to him. And i happened to be in posession of them. Turns out i had it in me all along. Fear nothing my lady..i pose no threat.

...wow.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#80Fernox213Posted 5/17/2013 12:55:57 PM
*takes flannery before someone else does*
---
Official Flint of the pokemon X board.
Official Hell Valley Sky Tree of the super mario wii u board.