This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The region is France, but the name is Greek.

#11FuneralCakePosted 5/14/2013 2:23:07 PM
I think you're misunderstanding me.

What I was saying was that it's not an exact replica of France, so not everything has to be the same. If you point out something in the Kalos region that isn't in France or doesn't apply to the French language, such as the name, it doesn't mean that Kalos is a mix of everything in Europe.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#12Davidk92Posted 5/14/2013 2:23:37 PM
FuneralCake posted...

What I was saying was that it's not an exact replica of France, so not everything has to be the same. If you point out something in the Kalos region that isn't in France or doesn't apply to the French language, such as the name, it doesn't mean that Kalos is a mix of everything in Europe.

For once, I agree.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#13Emperor_mateusPosted 5/14/2013 2:30:41 PM
I do hope that the Region is based of all of Europe since I want a Netherland based town in it, but that's just me.

I would be fine with just France as well.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#14HitagiPosted 5/14/2013 2:32:44 PM
Europe is too diverse to just throw it all into one region. It would be a complete waste.
#15Davidk92Posted 5/14/2013 2:33:53 PM
Hitagi posted...
Europe is too diverse to just throw it all into one region. It would be a complete waste.

They had 4 regions based on Japan alone.

But of course Europe isn't 'MURICA so who cares?
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#16TaticalWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 2:44:26 PM
FuneralCake posted...

Nowhere I said it is a exact replica of France. By "The region is France", obviously I meant about the heavy French references here, as the Eifel tower. Not much more was showed, or references about other countries. So all we had was France. The point of this topic was exactly to show a hint about multiple culture references, and to showcase exactly what you were talking about: it is not just France.
Hence why I didn't like how you stated "this is based on France" and implied I was saying, somehow that Kalow as 100% French. It was just uneeded, as if you were trying to prove me wrong for the sake of it.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u