This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any competitive battling pet peeves?

#1MrFingers07Posted 5/14/2013 3:15:30 PM
inb4competitivebattlingingeneral

Anyways I dislike facing someone who sets up all the way to +6, when at +2 or +3 he/she can destroy my team. It just puts them at greater risk of getting haxxed due to a crit or some secondary effect (like Ice beam freezing or getting para'd, etc)

Or when the person I face uses Toxic Spikes when all my members don't get touched by it. >_>
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#2GiftedACIIIPosted 5/14/2013 3:18:27 PM(edited)
TC can't inb4.

#3Davidk92Posted 5/14/2013 3:17:29 PM
Yeah, comp-

MrFingers07 posted...

Damn it!

But seriously, people who treat competitive battling as if it's the only important part of the series. Which unfortunately mean most of this board.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#4ArcaneRainbowsPosted 5/14/2013 3:20:14 PM
^This.

I tried it in Gen 4. I'm not personally a fan, but I respect a fan's right to enjoy the metagame and what it entails. But please do remember that it's a METAGAME and not the actual game and don't take it out on Game Freak.
---
FINALLY (RE)CONSTRUCTED: Official Serperior and Looker of the Pokemon Black 2 Board.
#5DarkDragon386Posted 5/14/2013 3:20:46 PM
When someone uses a team of all pseudos or good dragons (Garchomp, Kyurem B, Dragonite, Salamence, Hydreigon, etc.) and proceeds to lose.

I kind of get annoyed by seeing Kyurem B in OU matches. I don't think it's broken or anything, it just gets kind of annoying to face.

I have done the stupid set up toxic spikes on a steel mono team. To be fair, I was tired as hell that day. I remember my opponent said "WTF are you doing, dude?"
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#6Hierarchy225Posted 5/14/2013 3:21:06 PM
Sore losers.
#7RedArchangel20Posted 5/14/2013 3:22:14 PM
Yeah, comp-

MrFingers07 posted...

Damn it!

But seriously, people who treat competitive battling as if it's the only important part of the series. Which unfortunately mean most of this board.

It is. The main game is merely a formality. It's not particularly entertaining after puberty and it's such a chore because there isn't an ounce of challenge. You complete it so that you can access the Daycare and EV training hotspots.

Or just PokeGen everything as soon as you get far enough into the game that you're allowed to play online.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg Most beautiful woman in the world
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif Kiss the rings.
#8Davidk92Posted 5/14/2013 3:23:25 PM
RedArchangel20 posted...
Yeah, comp-

MrFingers07 posted...

Damn it!

It is. The main game is merely a formality. It's not particularly entertaining after puberty and it's such a chore because there isn't an ounce of challenge. You complete it so that you can access the Daycare and EV training hotspots.

Or just PokeGen everything as soon as you get far enough into the game that you're allowed to play online.

Thanks for proving my point.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#9RedArchangel20Posted 5/14/2013 3:26:12 PM
RedArchangel20 posted...
Yeah, comp-

MrFingers07 posted...

Damn it!

Thanks for proving my point.

Thanks for proving mine. Casual elitists are worst than smogon nuthuggers.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg Most beautiful woman in the world
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif Kiss the rings.
#10SteaIth_RockPosted 5/14/2013 3:29:59 PM
Everything, I lost faith when they wouldn't even look to ban SR.
---
Pointed stones dug into Charizard!
Charizard lost 50% of its health.