This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xerneas is probably gonna be a Grass/Fairy type.

#11MagikarpRulesPosted 5/14/2013 8:55:54 PM
FuneralCake posted...
It doesn't even look like a fairy, so how can it be a fairy type? Gods.

Because even when Fairy type is not official yet they are itching to find Pokemon where they can slap the Fairy type.
#12BountyanPosted 5/14/2013 8:56:47 PM
FuneralCake posted...

Deer are heavily associated with fairies in folkore and they seem to be focusing on forest environment in both the trailer and the box art. Stereotypical fairies often inhabit enchanted forests. Plus those rainbow antlers look pretty magical and fairyish if you ask me.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#13Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:56:47 PM
FuneralCake posted...

Fairy doesn't have to mean small with wings or whatever..

"Fairy is a type of mythical being or legendary creature, a form of spirit, often described as metaphysical, supernatural or preternatural. Fairies resemble various beings of other mythologies, though even folklore that uses the term fairy offers many definitions. Sometimes the term describes any magical creature, including goblins or gnomes: at other times, the term only describes a specific type of more ethereal creature."
#14JacornonthecobPosted 5/14/2013 8:57:04 PM
FuneralCake posted...

Yes it does.

But anyway, I'd be extremely surprised if it was steel. It doesn't even look much like Dialga. If you look at the box art, there's a forest in the background, and its fur appears to be fur, with no shiny shading. I'd still say pure Fairy is likely, but if it gets another, it is probably either grass or normal.
#15kaonohiokalaPosted 5/14/2013 8:58:59 PM
The speculation that Sylveon, the legends and Newtwo are new types began when their profiles were uploaded to the official site (or its videos). While the starters and 4 other new mons have their types listed, Sylveon, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Newtwo all have "???" where in their listed typing field.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#16FuneralCakePosted 5/14/2013 8:59:44 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...

"Fairy is a type of mythical being or legendary creature, a form of spirit, often described as metaphysical, supernatural or preternatural. Fairies resemble various beings of other mythologies, though even folklore that uses the term fairy offers many definitions. Sometimes the term describes any magical creature, including goblins or gnomes: at other times, the term only describes a specific type of more ethereal creature."

Yeah, whatever.

Where did you get that from? Wikipedia? [citation needed]
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#17scrappybristolPosted 5/14/2013 9:01:59 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

Yeah, whatever.

Shh, you know nothing FuneralCake.
---
This sig is significant
#18Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 9:02:06 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

Yeah, whatever.

Yeah actually. :P
#19Deadly_FirePosted 5/14/2013 9:25:06 PM(edited)
Hierarchy225 posted...
FuneralCake posted...

Exactly. I'm not the first to make the comparison but it greatly resembles the Great Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke. Upon doing a little digging, its form during the daytime (which greatly resembles Xerneas) is sometimes called the Chinese unicorn. Certainly fitting for a Fairy typing.

FuneralCake posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

Yeah, whatever.

Oh come on. Wikipedia might not be accurate enough for a doctoral dissertation but it's certainly applicable to colloquial use like talking about Pokemon. Jeez.
#20robinhoekPosted 5/14/2013 9:29:07 PM
scrappybristol posted...
FuneralCake posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

Yeah, whatever.

Shh, you know nothing FuneralCake.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.