This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 6 seems to finally take that "leap forward"

#11PinxedPosted 5/15/2013 4:24:02 AM(edited)
DeathSoul2000 posted...
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
FuneralCake posted...
While I agree with you for the most part, I think most of the complaints about the series being too rigid or unchanging are about the structure of the game itself. Unless they do something different with the whole "defeat the 8 gyms, defeat the evil team, defeat the Elite 4" sequence, people are still going to complain.

The game is still aimed towards children which is what most manchildren forget. The formula that works shouldn't be broken for some crying adults when there's plenty of kids eager to get into it as they grow.

Kids haven't played pokemon since G/S.

I started at Ruby when I was 6 or 7.

Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
none of that is actually fresh.

havent you played colosseum or XD?

These games were amazing. I truly want something like this again, as Shadow Pokemon were the best. Without the need for Gyms/Badges, the Evil Team can really flourish. Plus, 100 battles in a row :D
#12zombiabsolPosted 5/15/2013 4:25:57 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The ONLY thing that they possibly would change would be balance, iv system and such, just to shut up the meta players. That's it.

They don't need to change the way main series pokemon games work. People complain about it being the same thing every time and compare it o CoD. The difference between cod and pokemon and mario is, pokemon and mario are original enough to where they can do the same thing every time. Cod doesn't even feel like a different game to me, its just the same boring story with dudebros playing the multiplayer. At least playing pokemon and mario, they introduce lots of newew things to make it actually feel like a new experience, while keeping the same template.

Gameplay wise, pokemon doesn't need to change. However, x and y are going to be a step foward with 3d envioronments and diagnal movements on top of trainer customization. But if pokemon suddently becomes like mario or zelda or even first person, it won't feel like pokemon. The resident evil franchise changed the gameplay to an over the the shoulder action shooter, which isn't really a bad thing, but it splits the fanbase to new and old fans who prefer certain things and complain about features that are not there. Plus the newer games, while having the resident evil name and characters, don't feel like resident evil games if you played the old ones first. At all.

Gameplay doesn't always need to change, however x and y are doing this in a smart way and it will still feel like pokemon.

Now, 8 gym badges, evil team, chambion after elite four. This is really up in the air. I ike the main pokemon games because of this template they follow. People need to stop complaining about the evil teams imo, we need some type of conflict or the games will just be like cod, the same stuff recycled with a fresh coat of paint. The evil teams have different motives, provide conflict and actually give a bigger reason as to why you should catch strong pokemon and such. And regardless of what people say, the storyline is quite entertaining sometimes. Pokemon isn't know for well thought out dramas. Now, I will agree that the evil team should have different motives besides using the legendaries. And really there isn't a reason to not include the evil team, its a bonus as the game will be the same without it.

Though I am up for more gyms.

The only thing they could do differently to still keep my interest is have a pokemon war. That would be interesting.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#13Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 5/15/2013 4:35:05 AM
i agree. colosseum and XD were the best games. colosseum was my favorite, and it had the best story and music in any pokemon game ever released. XD was cool, and added better features like catching pokemon, but it just wasnt as hip as colosseum.
---
KINGLER for president.
http://i.imgur.com/ipgZbBu.png