This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good god, gamefreak has lost it.

#21Skull_proPosted 5/15/2013 3:32:54 AM
I stoped reading at "Pokemon didn't do so well after Jotho"

Obvious troll.
---
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls
#22TherianReturnsPosted 5/15/2013 3:40:39 AM
I love how people consider TC a "troll" yet people that reply to him get modded. I bet mods follow NBA rules where those that retaliate get punished. Lol.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#23Bruce_Wanye(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 3:48:03 AM
So I'm a troll because I express my opinion? Yeah okay.
---
I'm Batman!
#24NewbieN00bPosted 5/15/2013 3:51:44 AM
Bruce_Wanye posted...
So I'm a troll because I express my opinion? Yeah okay.

More because the title sounds whiny as hell.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#25ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/15/2013 3:52:54 AM
DecoyCharacter posted...
radred2004 posted...
I agree the formula is very repetitive and the game does get boring from time to time, but I don't believe it is just a kid's game. Kid's play a completely different game than teens and adults who understand the mathematics behind the game (IVs, EVs, damage, etc).

Super Mario: princess has been kidnapped. Travel from world 1-8 to save the princess.
Zelda: Zelda has been kidnapped. Get the Master Sword and complete all 8 dungeons to save the princess.
Kirby: Something is threatening the world, go through all 8 worlds to stop him and his minions.
Donkey Kong: Eat 8 bananas.
Pokemon: Collect all 8 badges. Defeat the Elite 4 and Champion. Complete your Pokedex.

+1 originality.

Military Soldier fights in war.

Guy goes to dystopian city in unusual location filled with conflict.

Furry space critter and small backpack robot go to planets and fight bad guys with lots of guns.

Adventure dude goes around world finding treasure and fighting bad guys.

Guy winds up on insane deserted island.

Army guy in green super suit goes around killing aliens and the occasional robot/AI.

Guy/Girl goes around galaxy fighting bad guys and recruiting heroes for one big endgame conflict.

Cars race.

Airplanes fight.

Need I continue?

Actually...

ITT: We fill a troll topic to the brim with broad generalizations of popular video games.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#26Bruce_Wanye(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 4:08:04 AM
Guys, pokemon did have its high time but it has dipped considerably. It is struggling to stay memorable.
---
I'm Batman!
#27Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 5/15/2013 4:15:49 AM
Bruce_Wanye posted...
They aren't even trying to bring old fans back, just catering to little kids who don't know jack **** about anything.

that strategy works. look at fire emblem awakening.
---
KINGLER for president.
http://i.imgur.com/ipgZbBu.png
#28KuzuryuSubaruPosted 5/15/2013 4:19:20 AM
Bruce_Wanye posted...
Guys, pokemon did have its high time but it has dipped considerably. It is struggling to stay memorable.

Wut. Its selling better than ever. And Gen V tried out tons of new things. A lot of people complained that it was too different.

Also, that comment about ignoring old fans, did you watch the first trailer? The new random encounter system was shown with a Pikachu.
Did you play Black and White 2? You can fight Misty, Brock, Red, Blue and lots of characters from the previous games.
---
Waiting for God Eater 2, FF Type-0 English release, Gundam Extreme VS for Vita, Watch Dogs
#29erekwashere15Posted 5/15/2013 4:56:07 AM
Every Shooter ever: Shoot enemies, get from point A to point B, accomplish meaningless task, shoot more enemies, win the game.

Games stopped being about originality when they were assigned genres.
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#30shagohad3Posted 5/15/2013 8:56:11 AM
DecoyCharacter posted...
radred2004 posted...
I agree the formula is very repetitive and the game does get boring from time to time, but I don't believe it is just a kid's game. Kid's play a completely different game than teens and adults who understand the mathematics behind the game (IVs, EVs, damage, etc).

Super Mario: princess has been kidnapped. Travel from world 1-8 to save the princess.
Zelda: Zelda has been kidnapped. Get the Master Sword and complete all 8 dungeons to save the princess.
Kirby: Something is threatening the world, go through all 8 worlds to stop him and his minions.
Donkey Kong: Eat 8 bananas.
Pokemon: Collect all 8 badges. Defeat the Elite 4 and Champion. Complete your Pokedex.

+1 originality.

Except for Majora's mask, the best Zelda game ever because it broke the mold.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!