This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand why people feel the need

#1LightningAce11Posted 5/15/2013 4:55:27 AM
To hate on competitive battling. No one is forcing you to do it, if you lose it's because you are not as good and EVs are not the most complicated thing.

And it's not messed up the way people play pokemon either.
---
THAT'S MR ACE TO YOU PEOPLE
Pokemon X and Y female MC is my waifu
#2mehmetskiPosted 5/15/2013 5:20:55 AM
because many competitive fans behave elitist and hypocritical?
im not saying all of them. but to be honest: competitive play is not full of variation. most people use the same tactics on the same pokemon. same moveset a.s.o..
im not hating on competitive play, i just want to answer your question why some people do.
as im not a fan of competitive because it doesnt give me the feeling of adventure as in-game, i still tried it and i think its ok for the people who like it. but on the other hand, like i said: some competitive players behave as if they are the only true pokemon fans/players and also they pretend competitive is 100% free of luck. like i prove in another topic, it isnt.
#3GiftedACIIIPosted 5/15/2013 5:36:29 AM
mehmetski posted...
im not saying all of them. but to be honest: competitive play is not full of variation. most people use the same tactics on the same pokemon. same moveset a.s.o..
im not hating on competitive play, i just want to answer your question why some people do.
as im not a fan of competitive because it doesnt give me the feeling of adventure as in-game, i still tried it and i think its ok for the people who like it. but on the other hand, like i said: some competitive players behave as if they are the only true pokemon fans/players and also they pretend competitive is 100% free of luck. like i prove in another topic, it isnt.

Being elitist isn't a bad thing. It's this attitude of lax and low standards that is why you're not making it good in the real world. Ever hear of Gordon Ramsey? People who are experienced battlers have the right to look down on the people who don't even attempt to go beyond the 7 year old in-game. And only people who call others elitists are people who just can't take criticism. Hypocritical? LOL That's an aspect of "casual" gamers who post on dedicated sites, not competitive battlers.
#4TherianReturnsPosted 5/15/2013 5:46:53 AM
For me, EVs are easy as pie. I am a retired battler, yet I still EV train my Pokemon. Ragequitters dull out competitive battling imo
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#5themegaman7Posted 5/15/2013 5:49:31 AM
In turn some of the competive players tend to look down on casual players. Different ideals lead to war.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#6zombiabsolPosted 5/15/2013 5:54:10 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
mehmetski posted...

Being elitist isn't a bad thing. It's this attitude of lax and low standards that is why you're not making it good in the real world. Ever hear of Gordon Ramsey? People who are experienced battlers have the right to look down on the people who don't even attempt to go beyond the 7 year old in-game. And only people who call others elitists are people who just can't take criticism. Hypocritical? LOL That's an aspect of "casual" gamers who post on dedicated sites, not competitive battlers.

Not everybody has to have the same attitude as elitist, to be not making it good in life. Lol, do you even know him? And anybody can look down on somebody regardless of experience. I call people elitist and criticism isn't really a bad thing. You scream stupid.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#7Xavier_On_HighPosted 5/15/2013 5:58:21 AM
I don't think this so-called elitism actually exists, at least not to the degree that anti-competitive people say it does. I think it's just perceived.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnafhjcUz1qmxswbo1_500.gif
#8Izaya_sanPosted 5/15/2013 5:58:43 AM
Another one of these "why do people this and that" topic, and one from lighting at that...
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 5/15/2013 6:21:58 AM
I think people dislike competitive play because playing competitively is determined half by strategy and how you allocated your EVs and what moves you picked and what you do in battle and half by whether you were willing to wait until you got a 31 Speed IV and a Hasty nature. Yes, strategy and planning are crucial, but the best plans can be ruined by a missing point of Speed.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#10GiftedACIIIPosted 5/15/2013 9:44:20 AM
zombiabsol posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
mehmetski posted...

Not everybody has to have the same attitude as elitist, to be not making it good in life. Lol, do you even know him? And anybody can look down on somebody regardless of experience. I call people elitist and criticism isn't really a bad thing. You scream stupid.

Your post is so messed up that I have no idea what you're trying to say. Can you please make your post into something actually comprehensive? Thanks. Some people are simply better than others in certain fields, there's no denying it.