This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameXplain breaks down new trailer.

#21MefukiPosted 5/15/2013 9:55:19 AM(edited)
After all the fuss Nintendo has made about keeping her type a secret, why wouldn't it be reasonable to assume a new type? Call it Fairy or whatever, the way they're going about this pretty much guarantees a new type of some sort. Imagine after all this bother, Sylveon turns out to be a normal type. It just doesn't make sense to me.
#22Twilight_SonataPosted 5/15/2013 10:02:15 AM
Mefuki posted...
After all the fuss Nintendo has made about keeping her type a secret, why wouldn't it be reasonable to assume a new type?

Because they've done this exact same thing before in previous generation. They've kept plenty of Pokemon's types secret for prolonged periods of time, and every time people insist that means they must be a new type or else there'd be no point in keeping it a secret, and every time they turn out to be wrong.

Imagine after all this bother, Sylveon turns out to be a normal type. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Why not? Even if it is Normal type, a Normal type eeveelution would likely have some crazy gimmick that makes it super interesting. For we know, it could have something as drastic as Multi-Type as its ability. And that would be the sort of thing they wouldn't want to reveal yet, so saying now that it's Normal type would put expectations too low instead of building deserved hype.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#23CloudStrife630(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 10:05:11 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
aside from the fact that the name of every eeveelution so far had a reference to its type

And what would you name a Normal eeveelution? Normeon? Blandeon? Mundaneon? Vanilleon? Runofthemilleon? Exactly the thing about Normal type is that it isn't actually a thing. It's just an absence of any other overt type. You can't reference Normal, at least not in any way that isn't terrible, so it's perfectly reasonable that they would want to go for something else, basing the design and reference off of something cool but that just doesn't have anything to do with any other existing type specifically.

lmao shut the hell up. Bet your sorry ass account that Sylveon isn't a new type.
---
http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif
#24Twilight_SonataPosted 5/15/2013 10:16:22 AM
CloudStrife630 posted...
Bet your account that Sylveon isn't a new type.

Why should I? I'm not saying it definitely won't be a new type. I'm just saying that assuming that it is or being so certain that it is a premature and poorly backed up.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#25Shadow_StarWolfPosted 5/15/2013 10:28:55 AM
aside from the fact that the name of every eeveelution so far had a reference to its type

Why is Vaporeon not a Flying type and Umbreon not a Shadow type?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#26ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/15/2013 10:41:03 AM
evilfrenchguy20 posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Ugh, again with that stupid "Sylph" B.S.

It does have some merit to it.

Fairy of the Air.

So that leaves us with Flying and Fairy.

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#27AysanderPosted 5/15/2013 11:45:50 AM
J/s....but I could think of a better name for a normal type eeveelution, especially if they were giving it multitype >.>

Opaleon. Why Opaleon? Because Opals have no color of their own and absorb + reflect light. Absorb + reflect a colored light and you get...multitype.
#28FuneralCakePosted 5/15/2013 11:47:55 AM
Jacornonthecob posted...
Sammuthegreat posted...
Find this guy's voice really irritating to listen to.

I know! I wonder how much his views would improve if he paid someone else to record voice work. Literally anyone at all.

Yes, these. The guy sounds like he has a bad cold and needs to blow his nose.

Also, a lot of the stuff he said was like, lower than baseless speculation, or just really damn obvious.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#29NekoHime64Posted 5/15/2013 12:03:02 PM
OMAGAWD HIS VOICE!!!!!! *listens to Nerd3's soothing british accent*

Ahem, so he seems to agree with a few ideas I had reguarding the map. I'm disapointed he didn't talk about the sea cave near the top tho. I did a facedesk when he started talking about eeveelution names tho, as if it wasn't completely obvious...
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.