This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Back to this board after a long time . . . convince me to buy a 3DS for this

#11natchu96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 6:55:37 AM
crunchy612 posted...
Blast, Soul Hackers and MH were my aces. :((

Wasn't around for Soul Hackers when it first came out, so that might have something to do with it. Ports usually earn money off of nostalgia.

Only options seem to be SMTIV, Pokemon (duh), and . . . um, maybe Devil Survivor Overclocked?

Never played PMD at all, like ever . . . my only dungeon crawlers so far are Unchained blades and two Persona games, so that may be weird . . . never really seemed to get the appeal of Zelda either, or Kid Icarus (what is it even like in those games?) I'm sure they're probably good, just not sure why.

I'm actually reading off a metacritic list right now. I actually only see Atlus products and Pokemon >_>
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#12Issa_5Posted 5/15/2013 7:18:56 AM
I strongly suggest considering Fire Emblem Awakening. I was on the fence about it too, as it's the first in the series that I've ever played, but I took the plunge and now I absolutely adore it. It's genuinely the most fun I've had handheld gaming since my first Pokemon game-maybe because its the only game of its type I've ever played to be fair. Watch a couple of YouTube videos, if you know a friend with a 3ds try the demo.

Hope you can make up your mind about purchasing a 3ds, I wish you all the best. :)
#13zombiabsolPosted 5/15/2013 7:21:38 AM
Windyligth posted...
Lugia's Mansion: Dark Moon

---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#14evillockePosted 5/15/2013 7:35:54 AM
The new pmd sucks ass.

Get etrian odyssey 4, DSO, FE: A, and MH.

I used to suck at monster hunter badly.

25 hours later and it's great.
---
Fairy will not be a new type, so stop asking for it.
There is a 0% chance of Fairy type happening.
#15Redick_is_MagicPosted 5/15/2013 7:37:55 AM
natchu96 posted...
I never buy a system just for one game, so . . . any other good suggestions?

I usually like jrpgs . . . been thinking this along with SMTIV, but I can't think of many other options to go for. And I've decided against anything Mario-related or KH.

get one if you'd like but wait til right before pokemon comes out so you can wait for any potential price drops between now and then. you can then also pick up other hit games that will probably be cheaper
#16PChaosWMPosted 5/15/2013 7:39:47 AM
Even if you're not a Pokemon fan, the 3DS is a great system with some good games on it already. Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, and Fire Emblem: Awakening come to mind, but there are others.
---
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional.
Pokemon Black 2 FC - Mamoser / 0090-1828-2316
#17Luigifan141Posted 5/15/2013 7:57:58 AM
natchu96 posted...
crunchy612 posted...
Kid Icarus

Still don't know what the heck you do in that game.

A lot of people, myself included, had no idea what Kid Icarus: Uprising would be about, either. Yet, we all took the plunge, and everyone loved it! Kid Icarus is a great third person shooter/on-rails shooter game, and there's a lot of likable characters and witty dialogue in the game. It's definitely one of the 3DS's finest games, and it feels very polished and fun. I'd recommend it.

Other great games to look out for:

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (If you have never played it before.)
Star Fox 64 3D (Again, if you never have played it before.)
Pushmo (eShop title, download only)
HarmoKnight (made by GameFreak, eShop title, download only)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Haven't played it, but I know it's going to be fantastic!)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (I know you said no Mario related games, but LM:DM certainly doesn't feel like one, and Mario isn't in the game until near the end of the story.)

I haven't played too many JRPGs, so I can't help you there. I heard that SMTIV, Soul Hackers, and Tales of the Abyss are great, though. (You said you were getting SMTIV anyway, so that takes out an option...)
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Paper Mario
#18natchu96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 7:58:25 AM
Issa_5 posted...
I strongly suggest considering Fire Emblem Awakening. I was on the fence about it too, as it's the first in the series that I've ever played, but I took the plunge and now I absolutely adore it. It's genuinely the most fun I've had handheld gaming since my first Pokemon game-maybe because its the only game of its type I've ever played to be fair. Watch a couple of YouTube videos, if you know a friend with a 3ds try the demo.

Hope you can make up your mind about purchasing a 3ds, I wish you all the best. :)

*finds first video*

Oh, right, the "no feet" thing . . . it's actually almost creepy now that I look at it O_O'

Looked like a pretty standard SRPG title. Feel like I would actually just go for a Disgaea game or something for the humor . . . but they don't have those on 3DS, which leaves . . . an SMT game for alternative SRPG options. Funny how this is turning out for me. Gotta give it to Atlus, they make good stuff, but I keep coming back to them and this.

Oh, how I'd kill for a new Pokemon Ranger or something, always liked those. If Konami can get off their butts and make another YGO WC or something I could even go for that, but nooo.

I feel obligated to ask about Mystery Dungeon gameplay now, since it would appear that SMT and Pokemon are my only current options.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#19yuppstaPosted 5/15/2013 7:58:36 AM
deidara21 posted...
Super smash bros 3DS

---
Fc: 2280 6835 5900
#20patkelly929Posted 5/15/2013 8:09:03 AM
Pokemon X/Y
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Tennis (though I know you said no Mario, it's not standard Mario)
Resident Evil: Revelations
Phoenix Wright 5 in the Fall
Ocarina of Time, if you're into 3D Zelda
LoZ Oracle of Ages/Seasons on May 30 via Virtual Console, if you're into 2D Zelda
Smash Bros 3DS (confirmed for E3, release date TBA)
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever