This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how will you play x and y?

#1zombiabsolPosted 5/15/2013 6:46:11 AM
hype train. - Results (89 votes)
explore every area before moving on
8.99% (8 votes)
catch every pokemon i know to be in an area
5.62% (5 votes)
battle every trainer
7.87% (7 votes)
sweep through with my starter/caught pokemon
4.49% (4 votes)
build a team and actually train them all.
13.48% (12 votes)
get all 3 starters on my team as soon as i can trade (pokemon masterrrr)
3.37% (3 votes)
wait for walkthroughs so i know how to build my team for the gyms and such
1.12% (1 votes)
2 or more of these
49.44% (44 votes)
other
3.37% (3 votes)
im not playing this game so idk why i even came into this topic without the intention of actually contributing.
2.25% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I ask this because I know this game is going to be a game changer for me.

Firstly, with new cel shaded graphics, my favorite art style, and 3d models instead of ugly sprites, I'm going to enjoy every new area I see, and the region is huge.

I love the pokemon designs so far. They are simple yet nice, and they really pop with the new graphics. They also remind me of gen 3 pokemon with a dash of inspiration from gen 4 pokemon, ALOT. I plan on catching every pokemon I find out about in this game. I also usually just run through with my starter, but I feel like , with all this stuff to explore and awesome pokemon, I'm going to train a full team of six. I want the full experience.

I also plan on getting a 3ds xl, so I can REALLY feel this game. I'm also getting both versions and I'm gonna trade my starters from y version to x version. Y is gonna be my fun game while x is gonna be my collective, training game. But I plan on playing through x first, then y so I can trade yveltal to x and restart y.

This way when I play through x the first time, I can pick chespin as my starter, and still have fennekin and froakie on my team. I decided its too tough of a decision to just use chespin. I've never played through a game for the first time with a fire starter on my team, but now I can.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#2Great_ReapettePosted 5/15/2013 6:47:06 AM
On my 3DS.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#3wheeling_gamerPosted 5/15/2013 6:56:28 AM
I actually might trade all three starters in to use on a team. This is something I haven't done since Gold/Silver. However, I do hate the whole "won't obey me unless I have a badge" thing that starts to happen at around level 10 or so.

At least they fixed that in Gen V by allowing the first batch to let Pokémon obey you up to level 20. Getting to the second badge while using a traded Pokémon was a nightmare in the previous generations…
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#4Chaos GenesisPosted 5/15/2013 6:59:38 AM
What I usually do: battle every accessible trainer and find every accessible item on a route, look for/catch one of each Pokemon found there, then move on. Post-game I'll come back for trainers/items/routes blocked by HM or season obstacles.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#5SammuthegreatPosted 5/15/2013 7:01:46 AM
I always use a full team of 6.

I also always explore every area fully and battle every trainer.

Usually on my first game I transfer all 3 starters onto one game, but this time I probably won't have the luxury of owning 2 3DS consoles, so this might not happen. I don't even own one 3DS yet. I can easily afford two (benefit of being a working man) but it seems a bit over the top to buy two of the same console within 5 months of each other.

What I'll do differently this time though, is that my first run will be a blind Nuzlocke. Before much longer I'll cut myself off from forums/rumour sites, to keep the bulk of the Pokedex a secret. That way it'll feel like a real voyage of discovery on every single route.

I'll probably go dark at the beginning of June - next payday I'm gonna buy myself a 3DS and a few games (Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter, Star Fox, maybe a couple more) which should keep me entertained through to October.
#6RX02BansheePosted 5/15/2013 7:04:43 AM
However I feel like at the time which will probably entail a combination of all of those options like it did in White. When there's a new gen I actually take the time to properly explore most routes and catch all the inhabitants before moving on, and I'll try out the ones I like the most.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#7javel34Posted 5/15/2013 7:05:01 AM
In the nude

Just need to remember to pull my curtain shades down this time after the last incident.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#8zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 7:08:48 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
On my 3DS.

Wynaut ps vita noob
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#9PChaosWMPosted 5/15/2013 7:43:37 AM
I'll be training an entire team and battling every trainer. I won't fret with the EVs and natures of my Pokemon from the very start, but eventually I'll breed a good team of Pokemon.
---
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional.
Pokemon Black 2 FC - Mamoser / 0090-1828-2316
#10Thepenguinking2Posted 5/15/2013 8:05:35 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
On my 3DS.

---
http://pokebot.everyboty.net/pix/217.jpg best picture to ever face the interwebs.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!