This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how will you play x and y?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. how will you play x and y?

User Info: zombiabsol

zombiabsol
3 years ago#1
hype train. - Results (89 votes)
explore every area before moving on
8.99% (8 votes)
catch every pokemon i know to be in an area
5.62% (5 votes)
battle every trainer
7.87% (7 votes)
sweep through with my starter/caught pokemon
4.49% (4 votes)
build a team and actually train them all.
13.48% (12 votes)
get all 3 starters on my team as soon as i can trade (pokemon masterrrr)
3.37% (3 votes)
wait for walkthroughs so i know how to build my team for the gyms and such
1.12% (1 votes)
2 or more of these
49.44% (44 votes)
other
3.37% (3 votes)
im not playing this game so idk why i even came into this topic without the intention of actually contributing.
2.25% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I ask this because I know this game is going to be a game changer for me.

Firstly, with new cel shaded graphics, my favorite art style, and 3d models instead of ugly sprites, I'm going to enjoy every new area I see, and the region is huge.

I love the pokemon designs so far. They are simple yet nice, and they really pop with the new graphics. They also remind me of gen 3 pokemon with a dash of inspiration from gen 4 pokemon, ALOT. I plan on catching every pokemon I find out about in this game. I also usually just run through with my starter, but I feel like , with all this stuff to explore and awesome pokemon, I'm going to train a full team of six. I want the full experience.

I also plan on getting a 3ds xl, so I can REALLY feel this game. I'm also getting both versions and I'm gonna trade my starters from y version to x version. Y is gonna be my fun game while x is gonna be my collective, training game. But I plan on playing through x first, then y so I can trade yveltal to x and restart y.

This way when I play through x the first time, I can pick chespin as my starter, and still have fennekin and froakie on my team. I decided its too tough of a decision to just use chespin. I've never played through a game for the first time with a fire starter on my team, but now I can.
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.

User Info: Great_Reapette

Great_Reapette
3 years ago#2
On my 3DS.
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.

User Info: wheeling_gamer

wheeling_gamer
3 years ago#3
I actually might trade all three starters in to use on a team. This is something I haven't done since Gold/Silver. However, I do hate the whole "won't obey me unless I have a badge" thing that starts to happen at around level 10 or so.

At least they fixed that in Gen V by allowing the first batch to let Pokémon obey you up to level 20. Getting to the second badge while using a traded Pokémon was a nightmare in the previous generations…
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.

User Info: Chaos Genesis

Chaos Genesis
3 years ago#4
What I usually do: battle every accessible trainer and find every accessible item on a route, look for/catch one of each Pokemon found there, then move on. Post-game I'll come back for trainers/items/routes blocked by HM or season obstacles.
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/

User Info: Sammuthegreat

Sammuthegreat
3 years ago#5
I always use a full team of 6.

I also always explore every area fully and battle every trainer.

Usually on my first game I transfer all 3 starters onto one game, but this time I probably won't have the luxury of owning 2 3DS consoles, so this might not happen. I don't even own one 3DS yet. I can easily afford two (benefit of being a working man) but it seems a bit over the top to buy two of the same console within 5 months of each other.

What I'll do differently this time though, is that my first run will be a blind Nuzlocke. Before much longer I'll cut myself off from forums/rumour sites, to keep the bulk of the Pokedex a secret. That way it'll feel like a real voyage of discovery on every single route.

I'll probably go dark at the beginning of June - next payday I'm gonna buy myself a 3DS and a few games (Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter, Star Fox, maybe a couple more) which should keep me entertained through to October.

User Info: RX02Banshee

RX02Banshee
3 years ago#6
However I feel like at the time which will probably entail a combination of all of those options like it did in White. When there's a new gen I actually take the time to properly explore most routes and catch all the inhabitants before moving on, and I'll try out the ones I like the most.
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail

User Info: javel34

javel34
3 years ago#7
In the nude

Just need to remember to pull my curtain shades down this time after the last incident.
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208

User Info: zombiabsol

zombiabsol
3 years ago#8
Great_Reapette posted...
On my 3DS.

Wynaut ps vita noob
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.

User Info: PChaosWM

PChaosWM
3 years ago#9
I'll be training an entire team and battling every trainer. I won't fret with the EVs and natures of my Pokemon from the very start, but eventually I'll breed a good team of Pokemon.
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional.
Pokemon Black 2 FC - Mamoser / 0090-1828-2316

User Info: Thepenguinking2

Thepenguinking2
3 years ago#10
Great_Reapette posted...
On my 3DS.
http://pokebot.everyboty.net/pix/217.jpg best picture to ever face the interwebs.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. how will you play x and y?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived