This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leak season is the best part of any game's release

#1ExtremeKazronPosted 5/15/2013 9:15:51 AM
Enjoy it while it lasts. This is the brief window in which anything is possible and no one is disappointed by reality. Drink in every rumor and let the internet's collective imagination run wild! Savor it!!! CARPE DIEM!!!!!
---
Official Dwebble of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#2DemiseEndPosted 5/15/2013 9:16:52 AM
0% chance of this happening is the best
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#3evillockePosted 5/15/2013 9:22:05 AM
DemiseEnd posted...

see sig.
---
Fairy will not be a new type, so stop asking for it.
There is a 0% chance of Fairy type happening.
#4deathbycookiesPosted 5/15/2013 9:23:21 AM
@evillocke
0/10 was only funny with iris lol
---
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#5evillockePosted 5/15/2013 9:24:34 AM
deathbycookies posted...
@evillocke
0/10 was only funny with iris lol

There will be no new fairy type.
---
Fairy will not be a new type, so stop asking for it.
There is a 0% chance of Fairy type happening.
#6TranquilSeaPosted 5/15/2013 9:27:26 AM
I think pre-release overall is terrible (especially all the fake stuff and speculation). The best part of any game's release is all the info released when the game comes out. Nothing feels better than spoiling it all.
---
why Leafs why...
#7ExtremeKazron(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 9:28:30 AM
The point isn't whether the leaks are true or not. The point is that this is the time during a game's production when we, as fans, get to come up with and enjoy the fruits of the wildest speculation. Even when half of it doesn't make it in the game, visiting the forums is like dining on a five-course meal of Pokemon possibilities. The fun is in the speculation, not the results.

It's like when Ridley was supposedly a lock for Super Smash Bros Brawl. For about a week there, we all got to imagine a world where we could play as Ridley. That was a good week.
---
Official Dwebble of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#8jayman7Posted 5/15/2013 9:28:31 AM
It's a giant annoyance to me. False (and even unconfirmed) rumors dilute true information, and no matter how ridiculous the rumor, there's always at least one gullible sap who falls for it. Having a rumor actually be proved true only makes the whole thing worse - it just prompts the gullible saps to point out "well this was true, why can't this infinitely more absurd thing be?" (In this case, the rumor that was really proved true came out a whole day in advance. Though that other rumor allegedly came from the same person, they're still technically separate...)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9mehmetskiPosted 5/15/2013 9:43:05 AM
DemiseEnd posted...

nope. 0% chance of this happening.
#10Deadly_FirePosted 5/15/2013 11:04:45 AM(edited)
ExtremeKazron posted...
The point isn't whether the leaks are true or not. The point is that this is the time during a game's production when we, as fans, get to come up with and enjoy the fruits of the wildest speculation. Even when half of it doesn't make it in the game, visiting the forums is like dining on a five-course meal of Pokemon possibilities. The fun is in the speculation, not the results.

It's like when Ridley was supposedly a lock for Super Smash Bros Brawl. For about a week there, we all got to imagine a world where we could play as Ridley. That was a good week.

I'm with you. It's all about the journey, not the destination! Too many people here just don't know how to have fun and need their delicate world to be black and white. These terrible, "frivolous" rumors are spoiling their organized world!