This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish Contrary Serperior were a thing.

#11AnclationPosted 5/15/2013 11:11:18 AM
scrappybristol posted...
Anclation posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Feraligatr cries the most

You seriously think Sheer Force is a better ability than Contrary or Shadow Tag?

Is that what is typed?

Contrary is Serperior's Dream World ability, Shadow Tag is Chandelure's. Those two Pokemon could do some serious damage if those abilities were finally released..
#12xTreefiddy350xPosted 5/15/2013 11:18:03 AM(edited)
Onionium posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Contrary Serp really isn't that powerful. Yes, in theory spamming good attacks while only making them better sounds incredibly, HOWEVER grass type attacks don't cover very much and serperior has a terrible movepool, really only using hidden power and leaf storm. That is not a good combo, and really anything that resists grass or is moderately bulky has an easy time switching in and outspeeding serperior.

Contrary is a great ability, however superior is not the ideal pokemon to use it. Hydreigon comes to mind as what would be the best contrary as it has a wide movepool and draco meteor to boost.

Gatr cries a ton, but IMO Chandelure is the one who wants his DW ability to be released the most. However, as soon as that baby is released it will be banned by most competitive outlets. Gatr probably won't, and can finally laugh in gyrados' face.
#13Onionium(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 11:17:21 AM
xTreefiddy350x posted...
Onionium posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Contrary Serp really isn't that powerful. Yes, in theory spamming good attacks while only making them better sounds incredibly, HOWEVER grass type attacks don't cover very much and serperior has a terrible movepool, really only using hidden power and leaf storm. That is not a good combo, and really anything that resists grass or is moderately bulky has an easy time switching in and outspeeding serperior.

Gatr cries a ton, but IMO Chandelure is the one who wants his DW ability to be released the most. However, as soon as that baby is released it will be banned by most competitive outlets. Gatr probably won't, and can finally laugh in gyrados' face.

Haha yeah I forgot about the lack of life orb recoil thing on sheer force as well xD
---
You can say "ass" on GameFAQs. Assy ass ass assington.
#14Brandon042487Posted 5/15/2013 11:20:13 AM
InhaledCorn posted...
Brandon042487 posted...
My Serperior is a b**** to kill according to the group of players i play with here.

252 Sp.Att
252 Spe

Giga Drain
Hidden Power Ice
Calm Mind
Substitute

lol yes its a Superior Serperior but i love the thing.

Wanna know what's a fun Superior? Dragon Tail, Coil, Rest, Sleep Talk. It's only good for team with Rock/Spike support, but it can do pretty well.

I thought about that but I didn't like how the sleep mechanics are now
---
<(*-*)>
Official Gogoat of GameFAQs!
#15grrCHOMPdPosted 5/15/2013 11:28:04 AM
I tried a lot of Serperior set, I mean he's only my fav Pokémon :p

The Contrary set works WAY better than anything else. The Calm Mind one is really good too, RestRalk didn't work that well for me :(