This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you hoping that Fairy type is real?

#1MetaDeDeDePosted 5/15/2013 10:29:12 AM
My thought about this:
I am hoping that it is real but......i am a bit worried that if it does exist that they have to recaluate the hidden power and I won't be able to transfer Pokemon for Gen V and i would have to breed all over again to get good Pokemon. Gamefreak puting more effort in making good pokemon based off of faires to ward off dragons would make up for not being able to transfer pokemon for Gen V though Blissey will be stick with Flamethorwer until a move tutor with Seismic Toss arrive

Do you think the fairy type is real of fake? Please Explain.
#2FuneralCakePosted 5/15/2013 10:31:29 AM(edited)
I don't really care if it's real or fake, but it's become more difficult to ignore at this point.

It would still be possible to retain the Hidden Power type when transferring over, since the Pokemon would need to be restructured, anyway.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#3blackshoelacePosted 5/15/2013 10:32:07 AM
No because its too much work to reclassify old Pokemon as fairy. And if there was a fairy type, it would have been introduce in Gen 5 because Gen 6 started development right after Black and White were done. Surely if they wanted to add a new type at all it would not be during that short gap.
---
GoldenEye 007: [DS]Renfreak @ 2641-0130-7739
#4mehmetskiPosted 5/15/2013 10:32:55 AM
i dont believe it is real. but i hope so. because then sooo many people will hate themselves as they will still buy the games thought they said "i will quit pokemon if this is real" and then theyll give in to alcohol, lose their jobs and families and home and then ill laugh...ok a bit of exaggeration here but still...
#5kingjam1Posted 5/15/2013 10:34:52 AM
Hope it's fake. Being strong against Dark and immune to Dragon is stupid. How are you immune to Dragon anyway? Why does Dark need another weakness?
---
Can't think of anything
#6Hierarchy225Posted 5/15/2013 10:36:31 AM
Yes I do. I'm really starting to like the concept.
#7FuneralCakePosted 5/15/2013 10:37:16 AM
blackshoelace posted...
No because its too much work to reclassify old Pokemon as fairy.

How so?

And if there was a fairy type, it would have been introduce in Gen 5 because Gen 6 started development right after Black and White were done. Surely if they wanted to add a new type at all it would not be during that short gap.

That doesn't make any sense.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#8TwilightEchoesPosted 5/15/2013 10:44:39 AM(edited)
kingjam1 posted...
Hope it's fake. Being strong against Dark and immune to Dragon is stupid. How are you immune to Dragon anyway? Why does Dark need another weakness?

I'm getting the idea they may localize "Fairy Type" into "Magic Type" for the english versions, assuming the Fairy business is all true. Fairies are known as primarily magical creatures above all else so it fits, and it's less cheesy to boot. Plus if you look at some of Sylveon's moves, they do look like magic tricks.

Magic in folklore and modern fiction has commonly been described as the bane of dragons. Also vice-versa. It can go either way, depending on the exact story.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#9MetaDeDeDe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 10:43:37 AM
FuneralCake posted...
I don't really care if it's real or fake, but it's become more difficult to ignore at this point.

It would still be possible to retain the Hidden Power type when transferring over, since the Pokemon would need to be restructured, anyway.

I really hope so for i want to be able to tranfer my Gengar, my Magnetzone, my shellder i am trying to evolve (I lost my Pokemon B2 so i am fore to hunt dust cloud for a water stone in Pokemon Black since it has hatch in that game) and my larvesta over from it took me hours to breed.

P.S. Larvesta is just in case case Fennekin evos lack the stats/movepool to be of good use. I has hidden power Ice to catch Dragon types off guard and I might be breeding for an Infernape in Pokemon Black because of how many leads it screw over in B2's World Tournament and because it is my favorite starter and favorite fire types.
#10BountyanPosted 5/15/2013 10:44:49 AM
I'm not hoping it's real. It is real.

;)
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo