This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of the pokemon are usually revealed before the games release?

#1QayohPosted 5/15/2013 10:40:05 AM
I want to go in as fresh as possible
#2HejiruPosted 5/15/2013 10:49:12 AM(edited)
About 20-25.
Edit: Actually more like 30-35 now that I think about it.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#3BrogoatPosted 5/15/2013 10:54:36 AM
For Black and White it was all of them
---
Official Gogoat "Brogoat" of the Pokemon X board
http://pokebeach.com/news/0513/xy/38.jpg
#4jayman7Posted 5/15/2013 10:58:23 AM
Brogoat posted...
For Black and White it was all of them

Leaks =/= official reveals.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5HejiruPosted 5/15/2013 11:12:02 AM
I'll just go ahead and list them in order:

Gen 4 had Munchlax, Lucario, Weavile, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Manaphy, Buizel, Chatot, Mantyke, Dialga, Palkia, Cherrim, Pachirisu, Drapion, Electivire, Roserade, Kricketot, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Starly, Shinx, Glameow, Happiny, Budew, Bidoof, Cranidos, Shieldon, Burmy, and Carnivine.
Total: 30/107 (28%)

Gen 5 had Zoroark, Zorua, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Reshiram, Zekrom, Minccino, Pidove, Munna, Klink, Darmanitan, Blitzle, Sandile, Haxorus, Excadrill, Galvantula, Cofagrigus, Gothitelle, Gigalith, Reuniclus, Drilbur, Axew, Woobat, Servine, Dewott, Pansage, Tranquill, Victini, Patrat, Braviary, Musharna, Alomomola, Watchog, Swanna, Deerling, Sewaddle, Emolga, Basculin, Audino, Petilil, Pignite, Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, Purrloin, Pansear, Panpour, Bouffalant, Roggenrola, Sawsbuck, Foongus, Cottonee, and Lillipup.
Total 54/156 (35%)

As you can see, 5th Gen had a lot (although some of those were leaks, not official reveals.) I remember I was doing a special sig on SPPf at the time and there got to be so many I had to shrink it down to fit within image size limits.

Also keep in mind that for 5th Gen, the entire Pokedex was leaked beforehand. (I wasn't counting those.) That might happen again.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#6faruwayPosted 5/15/2013 11:40:37 AM
Hejiru posted...

Gen 4 had Munchlax, Lucario, Weavile, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Manaphy, Buizel, Chatot, Mantyke, Dialga, Palkia, Cherrim, Pachirisu, Drapion, Electivire, Roserade, Kricketot, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Starly, Shinx, Glameow, Happiny, Budew, Bidoof, Cranidos, Shieldon, Burmy, and Carnivine.

Gen 5 had Zoroark, Zorua, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Reshiram, Zekrom, Minccino, Pidove, Munna, Klink, Darmanitan, Blitzle, Sandile, Haxorus, Excadrill, Galvantula, Cofagrigus, Gothitelle, Gigalith, Reuniclus, Drilbur, Axew, Woobat, Servine, Dewott, Pansage, Tranquill, Victini, Patrat, Braviary, Musharna, Alomomola, Watchog, Swanna, Deerling, Sewaddle, Emolga, Basculin, Audino, Petilil, Pignite, Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, Purrloin, Pansear, Panpour, Bouffalant, Roggenrola, Sawsbuck, Foongus, Cottonee, and Lillipup.
Total 54/156 (35%)

As you can see, 5th Gen had a lot (although some of those were leaks, not official reveals.) I remember I was doing a special sig on SPPf at the time and there got to be so many I had to shrink it down to fit within image size limits.

Also keep in mind that for 5th Gen, the entire Pokedex was leaked beforehand. (I wasn't counting those.) That might happen again.

That was really accurate! Did you like saved each of the official Coro Coro scans into your computer or something and kept it in a folder? :O
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#7Fernox213Posted 5/15/2013 11:44:49 AM
Hejiru posted...

Total 54/156 (35%)

Sorry to bug you but What about gens 2 and 3?.
---
Official Flint of the pokemon X board.
Official Hell Valley Sky Tree of the super mario wii u board.
#8KitschgardenerPosted 5/15/2013 12:12:55 PM(edited)
Gen 3 had, in some order, Blaziken, Sharpedo, Duskull, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Kecleon, Kyogre, Groudon and Volbeat. Probably a few more.

EDIT: Looking through Serebii's archives, I see Wynaut, Wailmer, Pelipper, Shroomish, Lati@s, Azurill, Taillow, Zigzagoon, Relicanth, Vigoroth and Poochyena. Wow, that was a handful.
#9HejiruPosted 5/15/2013 3:19:58 PM(edited)
Fernox213 posted...
Sorry to bug you but What about gens 2 and 3?.

I wasn't really part of the fanbase during that time so I can't say. Offhand, I know of:

Gen 2: Ho-oh, Togepi, Tyranitar, Ampharos, Bellossom, Snubbull, Marill, Donphan, Slowking
Gen 3: Wynaut, Azurill, Wailmer, Kecleon, Skitty, Duskull, Carvahna, Sharpedo, Sableye

Again, I'm really not sure and I know that isn't all of them.

edit: This page appears to have the Gen 3 ones:
http://serebii.net/pokemon_advance/new.shtml

edit2: To clarify Gen 2, many of them were seen in the anime. Ho-oh was seen in the first episode, Togepi belonged to Misty (and was featured in that first-gen handbook everybody had) and then Snubbull, Donphan, and Marill were seen in the first movie.
You can see some of the pre-relase promotion material here:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver_beta
---